No talk about the new Arcade Fire disc??

^^ yeah, that youthful energy and exhuberance is definitely not as evident on NB. this is a pretty mature record for a band that's been around as short as them.

i guess for me, as much as i love NB, i wish there was just a song or two (besides No Cars Go, which is an old song obvs), with the energy and heavyness of Power Out or Laika (not my 2 fave songs on Funeral, but still 2 of their highest energy songs to date, especially live). i think the acoustic/rootsyness of the new record probably contributes to a good deal of that however.

^^ yeah, that youthful energy and exhuberance is definitely not as evident on NB. this is a pretty mature record for a band that's been around as short as them.

i guess for me, as much as i love NB, i wish there was just a song or two (besides No Cars Go, which is an old song obvs), with the energy and heavyness of Power Out or Laika (not my 2 fave songs on Funeral, but still 2 of their highest energy songs to date, especially live). i think the acoustic/rootsyness of the new record probably contributes to a good deal of that however.

thats whats missing for me an energy or power song(s). i dont want to sound like the guy from the somb board, but there is a little bit of an adult cont. feel to it.

Got myself a proper version and after the first spin through I can say I liked what I heard. Need more listens for it all to sink in, but I think it's definitely a solid album that while no Funeral, can still stand on its own. Intervention is a real strong single, and Antichrist Television Blues immediately grabbed me. A little disappointing that No Cars Go is not only the best song on the album, but the most uptempo, but hey you can't win em all and the rest of the songs in no way suck so it's all good.

A little disappointing that No Cars Go is not only the best song on the album, but the most uptempo, but hey you can't win em all and the rest of the songs in no way suck so it's all good.

agree w/ you there re: NCG being the most uptempo/heavy song on the record.

but at least the re-recorded version not only trumps the EP version (obvs) and even their great live version (which it's not that far off from), and should please anyone who doubted why they would put an old song redone on the record. they realize it's one of their best songs live, so why not do it how they have been for the last few years in concert on record... only better :)