No talk about the new Arcade Fire disc??

i have never heard an arcade fire song.

and yes, i live under a rock.

From one rock-dweller to another, here's my analysis. I was really impressed for about a week or two a couple years ago, then I promptly forgot about that record and haven't had the urge to listen to it again.

Verdict: Worthy of a listen if a spare copy gets left near your rock, but will not ruin your life if that doesn't happen.

i have never heard an arcade fire song.

and yes, i live under a rock.

Dear uncle wilco,

You should get out from under that rock and come see Neko Case with us at Liberty Hall in April. You can't beat a $15 ticket price.

Sincerely,

M. Chris

Dear uncle wilco,

You should get out from under that rock and come see Neko Case with us at Liberty Hall in April.

We plan on meeting Ms. Case and putting in a good word for JUDE.

Sincerely,

M. Chris

:thumbup

If I say "Jude fron the message board says 'hi'", will she know exactly who I'm talking about?

If you say "JUDE, the charming, witty, and devlishly handsome rogue from the VC board says 'hi-you rock!'", she might.

I'm actually waiting for the release date. Though maybe longer since word is the vinyl is delayed. By the time I get it though, nobody will be talking about it, so I'll go ahead and say "yeah, it's pretty awesome, especially the third song!!"

it's not a 192kbps rip, it's transcoded from 3 different sources, one being 3 random 192kbps mp3s (Cage, Black Mirror, and Intervention), a majority from 128kbps AAC files, and a few from 160kbps AAC files.

trust me, it sounds WAY WAY better.

is your "proper advance" an actual promo copy?

neonbible-promo-back.jpg

unless you have a terrible audio system or really poor headphones, the sound quality difference between the version of the record that's on the web and that you will buy at the store is VERY very noticeably on numerous songs (most noticeably the horns & strings outro on Ocean of Noise)

it's not audio snobbery at all really... before the advent of the internet MOST people didn't except lower quality audio just to get it sooner. people have become too greedy and complacent in terms of acquiring music imo. it's not like i'm saying "OMG YOU HAVENT HEARD THIS RECORD UNTIL YOU HEAR IT ON $900 Grado SR-1's!!!!"