albert hammond jr.

That's not saying much. ;)

haha

i don't think FIOE is AWFUL by any means, but it's definitely 2-3 songs too long for them. i think You Only Live Once might just be their best track to date too.

but you're right, that's not really paying it a compliment now is it? :lol

Yours to Keep is the best strokes release since Is This It? Casablancas voice wore thin for me over time and FIOE is just sad (for the most part). I wish he would come to Chicago solo (and not opening for some other garbage), I always liked watching him live with The Strokes (the other Strokes, on the other hand, are pretty bland live). Anyways, I recommend this album most highly.

Yours to Keep is the best strokes release since Is This It? Casablancas voice wore thin for me over time and FIOE is just sad (for the most part). I wish he would come to Chicago solo (and not opening for some other garbage), I always liked watching him live with The Strokes (the other Strokes, on the other hand, are pretty bland live). Anyways, I recommend this album most highly.

Better than ROF? And the strokes are awesome live IMO, even though they dont move much.

Room On Fire is, without a doubt, my favorite Strokes reocrd. Furthermore, I'd call it ones of the 10 best records of the 00's, and ultimately it could even make my top 10 favorite records list.

FIOE, on the other hand, I enjoy a lot. No, it does not compare with the other two, but it sounds like a transitional record. I look forward to seeing where this band goes.

• 2 months later...