Guster 2/24/07

Now, I'm not a huge Guster fan. I don't own their entire catalogue, but my girlfriend and I have been dying to see a show since we drove up to Milwaukee to see Jeff at the end of last October. Living in southern Indiana and having a rough work schedule doesn't help matters. And since MMJ hasn't played their home of Louisville in quite some time, we decided to take a calculated risk of seeing a band that she'd never really heard of and that I'm only a casual fan of.

I learned several things about them last night: they're all quite good musicians, the lead singer has a stage presence very similar to Jeff's as far as telling some stories (talking about how they play Wii on the tour bus rather than "doing blow off hooker's titties"), and, overall, they're just a fun live act.

They opened with my favorite song of theirs, so that may have helped their chances. They played what, according to them, are some songs they don't play very often ("So Long"). They played most of their "hits" (Amsterdam, Careful, Happier, Satellite, C'mon). And they even played their single encore with the lead singer playing drums, the drum tech/keyboard playing guitar, and the drummer singing lead vocals to a song I never thought I'd hear again: the 4 Non Blondes' "What's Goin' On?"

Overall, it was a really cool experience and I'd recommend checking them out if you're any kind of fan.

Glad you enjoyed them. Guster is so much fun. I skipped this show because I have an issue with the poor sound quality at every rock show I've attended in the Egyptian Room. So I hope you had good sound. Plus I saw them 3 times this summer, so that's really enough. I love them though! And Brian the drummer sang??? Unbelievable!

:lol OK, I believe it now, thanks to

i just found out guster may be coming to play at my school in june (we have a concert in the quad every year its between them and the roots to headline the show) and i was thinkin about getting into guster a little in case they come.....what cd would you recommend to start with?

the lead singer has a stage presence very similar to Jeff's as far as telling some stories

this is funny to me, because i remember when adam was as much a "lead singer" as ryan... :lol guster is pretty much a band i will never miss seeing live... lots of nostalgia there. i've barely missed seeing them in the denver area in the past 8 years. still hoping for a date on the new tour...