glenn kotche is GOD

anyone else like glenn, or like his solo stuff?

I love his solo stuff and On Fillmore. I also pick up records he is on.

anyway i play drums and i almost have his exact set up

Really? Can you post some photos? Also, do you have the prepared snare and the air tube for the floor tom?

Glenn is one of the more entertaining, and talented, drummers that I have ever seen.

I would say the most...

I could watch him for days.

I could watch him for years...

Can't wait to see him this Thursday.

I am sure you will love it, but the only thing is he will not be playing a full set like he has been.

Sorry, but I am sure you can tell I really admire him as a drummer and a person in general. He is probably the most down to earth musician I have ever met. Just don't call him a "rock star". To see some recent photos of him, check out my brother's website. Look under concerts and portraits.

I love his solo stuff and On Fillmore. I also pick up records he is on.
Do you have the Fred Lonberg-Holm Trio??
see you there.

and right, this isn't about him i would think. its about the ensemble at the college with the added bonus of glenn!

See you both there I guess. I need to get directions.

LouieB

and right, this isn't about him i would think. its about the ensemble at the college with the added bonus of glenn!

Yeah, but he told me he would probably be playing a few solo songs.

Do you have the Fred Lonberg-Holm Trio??

I have "A Valentine For Fred Katz" and the original On Fillmore box set.

Yeah, but he told me he would probably be playing a few solo songs.

I have "A Valentine For Fred Katz" and the original On Fillmore box set.

That's the one; sadly it is recorded in the usual lo-fi on the fly type of way much improvisational music is recorded, so Glenn gets a bit shorted.

LouieB

See you both there I guess. I need to get directions.

LouieB

Its not a horrible drive since I am coming from the South West suburbs of Chicago and I have ran on their track when running with York high school over the summer.

Okay guys.....anyone going to this show please come introduce yourselves to us (LouieB, Tweedy's Gurl and renic or anyone else who makes the trip from the city) if you would, so that we won't be going.."hey, I didn't see you there since I don't know you" after the fact. Chances are we will all be hanging around afterwards to talk to Glenn anyway.

LouieB

Guest Jules
Okay guys.....anyone going to this show please come introduce yourselves to us (LouieB, Tweedy's Gurl and renic or anyone else who makes the trip from the city) if you would, so that we won't be going.."hey, I didn't see you there since I don't know you" after the fact. Chances are we will all be hanging around afterwards to talk to Glenn anyway.

LouieB

Directions to Elmhurst College

Should find directions here. Relatively easy to get to.

I hope to make it.

Glenn may or may not be GOD, but he sure is a nice guy....

The Elmhurst College thing was both a clinic for the percussion students and a show, with Glenn and the others sitting in with the group and doing some numbers alone and together. We missed Glenn's talk during the clinic since we thought it started at 8 and we got there at 7:30 and the clinic had been going since 7.

But just for the record, Glenn played with the ensemble for a version of "I am Trying to Break Your Heart" that one of the student's arranged for the ensemble and he played on guitar. Glenn of course played drums. A student did a solo version of Fantasy on a Shona Theme on vibes which was excellent. The four adults played Projections of (what) Might. Glenn did a full blown solo version of Monkey Chant (which was billed as Monkey Dance, a mistake I made the other day here.) Then Glenn concucted the ensemble in Clapping Hands Variations and finished with the entire group, adults and students doing a Pat Metheny tune. All in all it was quite enjoyable.

LouieB

Guest Jules
I am guessing Rosie and I were the only VCers in attendance.

LouieB

Yeah, babysitter fell through and I couldn't make it at the last minute as my wife had to work late. Glad you enjoyed it.

Yeah, babysitter fell through and I couldn't make it at the last minute. Glad you enjoyed it.
When the baby gets older you can actually drag them with and if you are lucky they will grow up not listening to gansta rap..... :lol

Sorry you missed it.

LouieB

Guest Jules
When the baby gets older you can actually drag them with and if you are lucky they will grow up not listening to gansta rap..... :lol

Sorry you missed it.

LouieB

I actually considered it, and she probably would have loved it, but I though a 1-year old at something like this would have been pushing it. Her first concert was Wilco at Lollapalooza last year, so I think we're on the right track. :)

I actually considered it, and she probably would have loved it, but I though a 1-year old at something like this would have been pushing it. Her first concert was Wilco at Lollapalooza last year, so I think we're on the right track. :)
Sounds like it. Small children change so fast that the difference between Lolla and now is probably pretty significant. I am going to guess she is a bit more ambulatory at this point. The only real problem with last night, was it ran a touch late for a very young child. There were some youngersters there but not as young as your daughter.

LouieB