glenn kotche is GOD

In my imagination, at least, really nice talented guys like Glenn cringe when they see such hyperbole filled thread titles.

I don't know about that. The story goes that he makes Tweedy kiss his guns before every show.

I am guessing Rosie and I were the only VCers in attendance.

LouieB

I was there. I was in the first row on the side of Glenn's drum kit. Truly was amazing time and the clinic in which Glenn talked was awesome. He explained and demonstrated the drum varitaions within I Am Trying To Break Your Heart and he explained how he played Radio Cure. Moreover, he talked about and demonstrated his playing on Monkey Chant. All in all it was awesome.

In my imagination, at least, really nice talented guys like Glenn cringe when they see such hyperbole filled thread titles.

He cringes when you call or even imply he is a "rock star", so yeah, I think he would most definitely cringe at this threat title. Although, I am pretty sure, he does not read this board because I brought the album leak up to him and mentioned the buzz within this board and he did not seem like he knew it (the board and the leak) existed.

Kotche's a wonderful drummer. Very tasty, and not in the least bit flashy. The man is IN the pocket; not a tick ahead or behind, but right on the beat. His talent is not immediately noticeable to those who don't know what to listen for, for those that have to hear some flashy approximation of Neil Peart to be impressed. I wonder if he's ever played jazz? I'd love to hear him and Nels in a jazz trio with a double-bassist; I'll bet he's got the chops to pull it off.

glenn is awesome.

when i used to be in the front ensamble in band i used to bore the other people in the ensamble with trying to explain how glenn had cotales and vibes in his set up. they weren't as impressed as me... oh well.

it'd be cool to see him play.

glenn is awesome.

when i used to be in the front ensamble in band i used to bore the other people in the ensamble with trying to explain how glenn had cotales and vibes in his set up.

Ironically, when I was in my ensamble band in Jr. high/high school, Glenn was one of three of my instructors. No joke. He wrote a killer song for us back then that resembles his current solo stuff in a way.

Ironically, when I was in my ensamble band in Jr. high/high school, Glenn was one of three of my instructors. No joke. He wrote a killer song for us back then that resembles his current solo stuff in a way.

you are a very lucky zebra! :thumbup

Why is that ironic?

Well, this is a thread about Glenn...and Sarah mentioned something about her experience with band (in school)...and...I had an experience with Glenn in school...so...

That makes it "incidental" or "coincidental," not "ironic."

Jesus tap dancing Christ, please just forget I used the word, ok? It's not that big of a deal. I have a million things going on right now and my mind is all over the place. :ermm

• 3 weeks later...

So, Glenn is going to be on the new "Modern Drummer" DVD and they have a clip of him playing here. He is the second clip down. Check out the camera angles...wow. :yay

edit: I just noticed, he is using his Wilco kit in that movie and not his solo kit...

Glen Is one of the most awsome! astounding! freakishly locked in the groove! tasteful and energetic drumers in the entire band!

Entire band? Do you mean world? Because I'll agree with world... :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...