Monkey Mess?

Does anyone out there have a good recording of Jeff singing the tune, Monkey Mess? I've got a 2001 concert where he talks about writing the song with his son's preschool/kindergarten class, but during the middle of the song he has to direct the crowd to act like monkeys, which is hilarious by the way. My 3 yr old loves this song and sings it constantly, so I wanted to pass it along to his class, but hopefully I can find one without the mid-song banter. Thanks.

jgriff

I've got two versions (sent to me by very accomodating VCers), but will have to get them to you tonight. One is probably the version you already have.

I don't think there's a "clean one" without the banter, though. And they are not real great in terms of audio quality, but fun for the kids nonetheless.

thanks! yeah, it's an awesome song. my son asks for the "jeff tweedy monkey song" constantly.

There's also the version of Monkey Mess from the "IATTBYH" bonus DVD, but it's a recording of Jeff listening to the song on a small boom box, so the quality is not good either.

This is one of my son's favorites as well. (Also, Hoodoo Voodoo, but we tend to make up our own words to that one. :shifty )

Thanks for sharing some of these other versions, much appreciated. :)

• 4 years later...

My kids like this song too. It's been awhile since Wiggleworm Dads has been in rotation in the car, so it's time for another listen.

Another song on that CD my kids like is the one about Esme the Deer with No Idea (or something like that), where Jeff asks kids for input to write a song on the spot. My kids like to sing and make up songs and I wonder if that inspired them.