I've never given them much of a chance (tho I do like Wilco's cover of "Any Major Dude"). So I recently came across a cheap copy of Pretzel Logic and in some ways I really like it. Something about the vocals in this group I'm not sure about, tho.

I'm a huge fan.

Fagen and Becker always got the best sessions players around for their studio albums, which is why they are still way, way better than most of the albums out there from that time period (and better than pretty much any rock or pop being produced today ... and yes, I will stand by that statement indefinitely). :P

You've got unreal musical chops, a dark, somewhat quirky worldview, some rather cryptic lyrics ... They're definitely in my top 20 favorite artists of all time, possibly top 10.

Essential albums:

Gaucho (it's not usually rated as highly as others, but I love it)

Aja

Pretzel Logic

Royal Scam

Katy Lied

As usual, I agree with Mr. H. So much so that I'm a completist and seek out anything even remotely SD related.

so you purchased all the solo michael mcdonald albums then...? i actually had a few of those lp's back in the day.

Oh is that the game we're playing? I have Rosie Vela's "Zazu" on CD. :lol

I can't compete. I don't even have Walter Becker's CDs. :ohwell

But I did buy Kamakiriad and Morph the Cat on the days they were released! :w00t

I have loved Steely Dan since the old days, and I too noticed SD echoes on SBS. Have had many great nights with the Cuervo Gold, the fine Colombian and Steely Dan. Sigh.

Have had many great nights with the Cuervo Gold, the fine Colombian and Steely Dan. Sigh.

Love those lyrics!

The cuervo gold

The fine columbian

Make tonight a wonderful thing

No we cant dance together

No we cant talk at all