Sleepers, getcher sleepers

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wtf is wrong with joe crede?

not that there are any available third basemen for me to replace him with but good lord.

and if scott olsen gets drilled again tonight, i will expand this question to include him as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Joe Crede with more back problems. Could end up on the DL. If he does, look for Josh Fields to come up--someone might want to take a gamble on him.

He struggled in April, but has torn it up since then:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...&pid=435222

Also, Fields is out of the lineup for Charlotte tonight so he may be on his way up.

and if scott olsen gets drilled again tonight, i will expand this question to include him as well.

Olsen has had 4 bad starts out of 12. He's great, but if he greats frazzled he loses it.

Currently in 1st of 8 in my main roto league, with an 11 point lead.

4th place out of 10 in my head-to-head league, although 1-9 are all bunched pretty closely together. I was in 8th going into last week.

I bet Ozzie has him bunting like every at bat.

In this morning's Redeye, there's a letter from a fan who suggests that Thome and Dye should bunt sometimes, to shake up defenses.

I think it was written by a real person.

week.

In this morning's Redeye, there's a letter from a fan who suggests that Thome and Dye should bunt sometimes, to shake up defenses.

I think it was written by a real person.

I think Carlos Delgado should start bunting. They've seriously got 3rd basemen playing on the 2nd base bag. It's ridiculous. He says he's too proud to bunt down the third base line. What, he's too proud to get on base?

Fields also joins Jim Edmonds and Chris Widger in the "Major leaguers who look like they wear eyeliner" club.

I think Carlos Delgado should start bunting. They've seriously got 3rd basemen playing on the 2nd base bag. It's ridiculous. He says he's too proud to bunt down the third base line. What, he's too proud to get on base?

He probably can't bunt for shit--and he's to proud to look like a goof.

Fields also joins Jim Edmonds and Chris Widger in the "Major leaguers who look like they wear eyeliner" club.

He probably can't bunt for shit--and he's to proud to look like a goof.

Practice it?

I've always wondered why you never see teams put the extreme shift on right handed hitters. At least not the way they do with guys like Howard, Bonds, and Delgado.

So Yahoo now tells you who the opposing pitchers will be for all your players. I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand, wow, that's very convenient. On the other hand, I think something that gave me a bit of an edge is the fact that I have always looked at who opposing pitchers will be before setting my lineup already. I think that most people in both my leagues probably don't. Now they will because it will take no effort. So that's sort of bad for me.

Ah, well - I bet nobody looks up there anyway. :lol

I imagine that's in response to ESPN fbb, which puts the name of the opposing pitcher on the main daily roster screen, which I must admit is pretty nice, even if it does take away that edge...

So far I've made a couple of trades this year:

Josh Willingham and BJ Upton for CC Sabathia and Austin Kearns. Made this trade when Sabathia's peripheral stats were suggesting he'd have a lower ERA than he did. So far, he's been amazing for me. I also made the trade before BJ UPton's avg fell like 60 points. Willingham has been really good, and Kearns hasn't done crap, but I think this was a good trade for me.

Last week I traded Johan Santana for Jason Bay and James Sheilds. I did this mostly because I'm not sure I've got a shot to win it all this year, and Santana isn't a keeper for next year, whereas Bay and Sheilds are relatively cheap and I'll have them for the next 3 years if I so choose.