Sleepers, getcher sleepers

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Jason Bay? Mark Teahan? THere aren't many players out there who can provide plus value in every category including steals, but I think Teahan's gotta be on my radar).

So is Teahen actually gonna play all of this year? 70-18-69 in less than 400 AB is pretty damn encouraging, but only if he's going to start all season. I have him as a backup to Ryan Zimmerman (since Yahoo only rates him as a third baseman, even though he's now a left fielder). We'll see who gets out of the gate faster. I don't see him overtaking Manny, Andruw Jones or Torii Hunter any time soon, but it could happen.

So is Teahen actually gonna play all of this year? 70-18-69 in less than 400 AB is pretty damn encouraging, but only if he's going to start all season. I have him as a backup to Ryan Zimmerman (since Yahoo only rates him as a third baseman, even though he's now a left fielder). We'll see who gets out of the gate faster. I don't see him overtaking Manny, Andruw Jones or Torii Hunter any time soon, but it could happen.

I've got pretty high hopes for Teahan. I think he'll either be batting directly in front of our behind super prospect Alex Gordon, so I think the front end of the Royals lineup will actually be pretty dangerous, and I think Teahan can be a top 10 3B this year.

And apparently Teahan is the backup CFer in KC?

Rotoworld:

David DeJesus [[ KC starting CFer ]] is still weak from an intestinal virus and may not return to the lineup until next week.

DeJesus is hoping to begin working out over the weekend. Interestingly, with DeJesus out the Royals have started Mark Teahen in center field five times over the past six games. [[ He is the Royals' former third baseman being shifted to right field to make room for Alex Gordon. ]]

Source: http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/16949395.htm

That guy is some kind of athlete, huh?

so none of my trade options worked out... i ended up making a trade i don't think you'd approve of...

my new question for the fantasy swami is whether i should pick up a second catcher or no....

so none of my trade options worked out... i ended up making a trade i don't think you'd approve of...

my new question for the fantasy swami is whether i should pick up a second catcher or no....

It depends. You are only in a one catcher league, so unless it's someone you feel is really going to boost your team a tremendous amount, I'm not sure it's worth it. Catchers get most of their value from position scarcity, especially in leagues where you have to start 2. A guy like Gregg Zaun is quite valuable in a 2 catcher league, but not so much in a one catcher league.

Live draft update:

I just got Jose Reyes for 41 bucks. The fact that Albert Pujols just went for 58 dollars, Chase Utley went for 37, and Carl Crawford went for 39 makes me feel much better about it.

And Arod goes for 43 dollars. Wow, I feel much better about this.

Player ID Player Name Team Name Price

C

C

1B Derrek Lee 29

2B Dan Uggla 5

SS Jose Reyes 41

3B Scott Rolen 13

CI

MI

OF Brian Giles 6

OF Josh Willingham 10

OF Carlos Quinten 5

OF Matt Holliday 34

OF

DH

P Johan Santana 43

P Chris Ray 7

P Rich Harden 17

P

P

P

P

P

P

BN BJ Upton 1

BN

BN

BN

BN

BN

Spent 210

Remaining 50

Max Bid 38

John Danks will be the White Sox fifth starter to start the season. If anyone is really high on the kid for some reason, I'm sure he could be had for a song.

He'll be one of the better #5's in the game, and I think he may be better than Garland...

Just finished my draft for my head to head league. The draft started while I was still at work, so the first half of my team was auto-drafted, but I think it worked out okay:

C Ivan Rodriguez

1B Gary Sheffield

2B Rickie Weeks

3B Miguel Cabrera

SS Miguel Tejada

OF Carlos Beltran

OF Grady Sizemore

OF Corey Patterson

UT Frank Thomas

UT Delmon Young

BN Chone Figgins

BN Felipe Lopez

SP Brandon Webb

SP Matt Cain

RP Bob Wickman

RP Joe Borowski

P Chris Young

P Erik Bedard

P Jorge Julio

BN Matt Garza

BN Kenny Rogers

Sort of a weird league. 10 teams, head to head. Categories: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, TB, AVG, OPS, GS, W, CG, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, K/BB

My roto draft is on Saturday. Just a standard 5x5 roto - not sure if we'll have 10 or 12 teams yet. Got some money riding on that league, so I've got some prep work to do, but I feel pretty good about my b-league team.

my draft happened last week:

C-AJ Pierzynski

1B-Paul Konerko

2B-Freddy Sanchez

3B-Joe Crede

SS-David Eckstein

OF-Jermaine Dye

OF-Aaron Rowand

OF-Kenny Lofton

Util-Lyle Overbay

BN-Luke Scott

BN-Mark Grudzielanek

BN-Trot Nixon

SP-Brandon Webb

SP-Jered Weaver

RP-Huston Street

RP-Todd Jones

P-Chien-Ming Wang

P-Freddy Garcia

P-Greg Maddux

BN-Justin Duchscherer

BN-Tim Wakefield

BN-David Wells

it sucks that Sanchez, Weaver, and Wang are hurt

but, I don't listen to you, so....

Sweet, dude.

Willis should win his 17 games, no ? why would that be negative ?

I took a shot with Bonds, and he could be a great pick for a late rounder.

Yeah, but he'll probably post an era in the upper 3's with a ton of innings and about a 6 k/9 and 15 or so wins. Very helpful in real life, but not all that helpful in fantasy. He's not going to kill your team by any means, but he's overvalued in fantasy leagues.

But you don't listen to me.

:lol good points Earl.

may be I'll listen this just this once ;)

ya' know I haven't followed Zito this Spring

I'm not saying he's a bad choice, and he'll pick up k's by the bundle simply because he pitches a rididuclous amount of innings (for today's game). He's a solid 3rd fantasy starter.

8 teams, standard 5x5 roto league:

C Victor Martinez

1B Richie Sexson

2B Rickie Weeks

3B Ryan Zimmerman

SS Jose Reyes

CI Nick Swisher

MI Howie Kendrick

OF Grady Sizemore

OF Jason Bay

OF Barry Bonds

UT Travis Hafner