Pick Up The Change...

Alright...so I've had the gumbo pages version of this song for a long time, but I don't like playing it because its too low for me to sing along with. Now I'm no guitar wiz, so I was wondering if any of you might know how to play this song in a higher register...that's probably the wrong terminology... is there a way to do this by just playing with a capo, and if so what would be the chords with the capo on...

thanks for any help, and just a word to the wise, any responses should be very specific, as i can be quite daft when it comes to these things. :cheekkiss

Quite simple, really. Play the some chords, and move the capo somewhere else. Capo 5 might work better for you, for example.

yeah, because if you put the capo on, but you changed the chords to fit so that they sounded harmonically the same with the capo on you wouldn't be doing anything except changing the chord voicings.

i play several wilco songs "up" a few frets with a capo, because sometimes jeff sings pretty low.

so just keep the same chords and play with where you put the capo till it sounds right.