Stop the insanity, pt 2

Best quote, re the name "Metallica":

"It suits her," Karolina Tomaro said Tuesday. "She's decisive and she knows what she wants."

Assuming the infant cannot yet talk, I'm willing to bet the baby is smarter than the mommy on this one.

I can think of at least four metal bands I would name my kid after before I got to Metallica. I have always thought them a bit overrated.

Black Sabbath Skurj

Motorhead Skurj

Deep Purple Skurj - that one ain't bad!

AC/DC Skurj

Kiss Skurj

Rainbow Skurj

Motorhead Skurj

AC/DC Skurj

Kiss Skurj

See, you could go with these too:

Lemmy Skurj

Bon Skurj (or Angus Skurj)

Ace Skurj

And still not have the kid pegged for utter ridicule.

Heck, Axl Skurj ain't too shabby either.

Lemmy Skurj

Ok...this produced the first laugh of the day.

Course, tack on Lemmy to any surname and I'm going to chuckle at the thought imagining a small dark haired child wearing dark shades and little button growths on his left cheek.

Bon and Angus Skurj don't produce the same effect since they conjure a somewhat classic Celtic connotation.

Now, Ozzy Skurj?

Geezer Skurj?

Oh yeah.......

Lars and the boys have become such ass holes over the years; I would not worry about the Swedes. the band will probably bring litigation against the family, to make back all that cash they lost on Napster Lars=Jack Ass

motorhead is a cool name. i have a friend who plans on naming his first son "Robocop" -- and he's serious.

the only way that baby name is inappropriate is if the parents were accurate and called her "pre-justice metallica with cliff on bass or better yet with dave mustaine on guitar". that's a better indication of a REAL metal band, but would be difficult for a driver's license.