Friday Night at the Vic

Panes(Sp?) Bread Cafe on Wellington and Sheffield has a great vegetarian selection of sandwiches and salads. I think they have some pasta dishes too. There's Joey's Brickhouse on Lakewood and Belmont, where you'll probably find something. There's a new pirogi place just west of belmont/sheffield on sheffield. If you walk West on Belmont from the Vic you'll find something.

Panes(Sp?) Bread Cafe on Wellington and Sheffield has a great vegetarian selection of sandwiches and salads. I think they have some pasta dishes too. There's Joey's Brickhouse on Lakewood and Belmont, where you'll probably find something. There's a new pirogi place just west of belmont/sheffield on sheffield. If you walk West on Belmont from the Vic you'll find something.
Just for the hell of it I did a Google Map search on restaurants off this intersection and the number of restaurants within a two or three block radius is just ridiculous. There are literally dozens of really good choices. (I had not heard of Panes before, but it sounds pretty good too.) The problem in Lakeview is not finding a place, it is chosing one.

LouieB

Just for the hell of it I did a Google Map search on restaurants off this intersection and the number of restaurants within a two or three block radius is just ridiculous. There are literally dozens of really good choices. (I had not heard of Panes before, but it sounds pretty good too.) The problem in Lakeview is not finding a place, it is chosing one.

LouieB

i was waiting for Analogman to do this and post the google link for me :). i was amazed at the number of restaurants in such a small radius. gawd i miss living in a big city (have i mentioned that before). i wish chicago wasn't so damn cold or i consider moving to those parts! thanks again for all the recommendations, i am sorry to say we did not go to applebees, as tempting as that was. but did enjoy giordianos (sp). thanks again! what a fun night!

We (the J4's, renic and I) ate at Pane. It was quite good, including a kick-ass veggie potato-leek soup. Required eating on such a cold night.