Friday Night at the Vic

Two places come to mind that are close to The Vic, and there are probably several others that I'm forgetting.

1. Walk over to the corner of Clark and Belmont (very close to The Vic), turn north(ish) on Belmont, and go to Mama Desta's Red Sea Restaurant, which is the next thing north of the Dunkin Donuts on the corner. Great Ethiopian food, and you can order vegetarian-only items and still be quite satisfied.

2. Walk to Belmont and Halsted (another block east of Clark/Belmont), then walk two blocks north on Halsted to this place.

I would say Muskie's, but it's not there anymore. :( The site of one of the first big VC meetups, I believe.

Duck Walk is a pretty good Thai place just around the corner from the Vic.

2. Walk to Belmont and Halsted (another block east of Clark/Belmont), then walk two blocks north on Halsted to this place.
This was going to be my veggie suggestion as well. I suspect you can also get something veggie at Ann Sathers right around the corner. For something less exciting you can check out Leona's just up the street too.

LouieB

EAT BEEF YOU GIRL

That was unnecessary.

id go to giordano's if i were you, the pizza place right down belmont. West of the Vic, its really close

Another good idea. Giordano's is teh awesome.

I would say Muskie's, but it's not there anymore.

that muskies is crap anyway, the one on lincoln inbetween diversey and belmont is where its at...

other than that: peqouds on clybourn and webster, they put caramel in the pan of the deep dish pizza, sounds weird but its one of the most delicious things on the planet... not overwhelming at all just delicious...

also go to the wiener's circle after the show because thats whats happenin in chicago

that muskies is crap anyway, .
The Muskies at Sheffield and Belmont is now a bank....

Try Philly's Best -- the best cheesesteak in Chicago - around the corner from the Vic.
Not very veggie...

LouieB

EAT BEEF YOU GIRL

:whoo

ahhh, I hear that all the time! I'm a twig, eat beef is everyone's mantra to the "i need to gain weight" statement. just don't tell me to eat a salad, those are fighting words.

thanks for the recommendations! so many options to choose from. i miss living in a big (real) city.

I usually eat at Bittersweet which is a high class bakery/cafe for lunch on Saturdays (my karate dojo is down the street) and it rocks. I believe it is open in the early evenings. It's a block or two west of Sheffield on Belmont.

I usually eat at Bittersweet which is a high class bakery/cafe for lunch on Saturdays (my karate dojo is down the street) and it rocks. I believe it is open in the early evenings. It's a block or two west of Sheffield on Belmont.

It closes at 8. I just picked up a cheesecake there last Friday as they were closing.

This is not necessarily a vege place (although seaweed salad and edamame beans rule!) -- there is a good sushi bar called Matsu Yama, on the SE corner of Belmont and Seminary. It is about 3 blocks west of The Vic on Belmont, south side of the street. Very nice, not terribly expensive, but it is sushi. BYOB. I think they're open until 11 on weekends.

TANGO SUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TANGO SUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the best steak i've had in my life. BYOB. Beautiful, Quiet, Chill Place.

Okay i live in the neighboorhood and am a vegitarian so take my word on this.

DO NOT GO TO THE CHICAGO DINER, over priced and not very good its mostly just fake meats anyway.

INDIAN FOOD

I recomend Star of India, its right across the street from the vic(oppiste side of the street across belmont) you can get an excellent indian buffet for 8 bucks.

DINNER FOOD WITH MANY VEGGIE OPTIONS

Also if your gonna go to a diner skip out on Clarks and check out PICK ME UP, they have several veggie options (tofu scrambles, veggie burger, hummus sandwich, veggie chili and some more stuff). this place is a block north of the vic on sheffield (expect to pay between 8-10 for a meal)

THAI/Asian

I recomend COZY or Pennys both are close to the vic. Cozy is across the street from pick up me so its a little over a 2 blocks. Pennys is also on sheffield near pick me up. If you go to cozy get the Cashew and ask them to make it with tofu veggie style (if you dont metion veggie style they will use fish sauce) they also have very good veggie rolls and red curry with cocunut milk. You can get a great entree for about 7 bucks there and its a really cool atmosphere, nothing like any thai resturant youve been to.

If you have any more questions about the area feel free to pm me

I totally forgot Coopers on Belmont just west of Racine. Best gourmet barfood in town and 100+ bottled beers from around the world. Might be an excellent post-show choice.....