I've been looking for torrents or copies of Bill Fay's albums (Bill Fay, Time Of The Last Persecution, or Tomorrow Tomorrow And Tomorrow). And I almost always check the used folk section at record stores to see if i can find the LPs. But no luck so far.

Anyone have these? Any luck in tracking down vinyl?

muchas gracias

I got the self-title a couple months ago and will get "Time" soon. CDs are not really that hard to get, but I hear the LP for the first two albums are hard to find.

One note: "Be Not So Fearful" is amazing.

I dig Bill Fay and Time of the Last Persecution quite a bit, but this is the first time I've heard of Tomorrow Tomorrow and Tomorrow. What's the deal there?

The deal there is it's not as good as the other two. It's from the early 80's (I think a few tracks were recorded in the late 70's too). I wouldn't recommend anyone buying it unless they really have to have everything by the man, and then they should get From the Bottom of An Old Grandfather Clock first - which is a collection of demos and outtakes from his career.

If people are looking for a couple of lost 1970's folk/rock bands and artists to check out, they should see if they can find Meic Stevens album Outlander (he is from Wales) - amazon has it, but it looks a bit expensive, there is also Jimmie Spheeris's album Isle Of View (which is very hard to find and expensive to boot, but you might be lucky in getting a copy), Patto (another band Wilco seem to like) - the first album is the best, but both that and the second are worth having, and finally anyone that has not gotten into Judee Sill's music yet is missing out on one of the greatest talents from the 1970's.

Most of those have links to Wilco (in them liking, or sounding like, them). Anyone wanting to hear some samples, then give me a shout and I'll upload some.

they should get From the Bottom of An Old Grandfather Clock first - which is a collection of demos and outtakes from his career.

I got this for Christmas either last year or the year before, it's got some real gems on it.