Toronto on sale today - Friday the 13th! - right now!

Not on Monday as it says on the Wilco site! Just checked Ticketbastard to see how much tickets would cost and they're selling them now.

And going fast by the looks of it. Ticketbastard was trying to give me this:

PRICE LEVEL 1

** OBSTRUCTED VIEW SEATING **

* * * NO BOX OFFICE PICK UP * * *

SOUND WARNING-SOUND VERY POOR FROM THESE SEATS

I held out for something a couple rows/seats over. Still not very good though.

Also good luck with some of those Ticketbastard verification codes, they were fucking illegible as hell for me.

PRICE LEVEL 1

** OBSTRUCTED VIEW SEATING **

SOUND WARNING-SOUND VERY POOR FROM THESE SEATS

You won't be able to see or hear well, but you still pay FULL PRICE to attend this event? :rolleyes

That's just wrong.

Also good luck with some of those Ticketbastard verification codes, they were fucking illegible as hell for me.

You are not alone. These verification codes are ridiculous anymore.

Them thar Wilco are apparently pretty popular...... I know because I was refreshing every second or so that I was in pretty much instantly. I had one goof up with the stupid code but even with that, I was at the request page within 15 seconds of onsale and I was offered gallery (aka second balcony).

The AmEx front of the line tickets were a little better but still no screaming hell.

Probably a waste of my five minutes, but here's the nasty letter I sent to Ticketbastard's customer service

Today at noon I had tried to buy Wilco tickets for the show at Massey Hall in Toronto. Now I was treated to 3 or 4 of the most illegible and nonsensical gobbledygook verification codes I've ever had the displeasure to experience. I of course wasn't able to discern what crazy random and unreadable mess they were and had to start all over several times - preventing me from getting what I imagine were better seats.

Why are the verification codes so illegible? I understand about the bots and whatnot trying to automatically get tickets, but seriously there is NO reason for your codes to be unreadable to humans! Somebody at Ticketmaster should be forced to try to read them, I don't know, maybe to get their pay every week. I bet things would change then!

Or here's an actual suggestion, since there are registered users at your site, perhaps those people who are already registered and only plan on buying one or two tickets could skip the verification code. Maybe make it so people know if they choose to opt out of the VC process, they can only buy very small amount of tickets and then they are locked out of purchasing more for that event without resigning in with a verification code. This would have the added advantage of getting lots of people to sign up at TM.

Hippycat - unhappy Ticketmaster patron.

Them thar Wilco are apparently pretty popular...... I know because I was refreshing every second or so that I was in pretty much instantly. I had one goof up with the stupid code but even with that, I was at the request page within 15 seconds of onsale and I was offered gallery (aka second balcony).

Same here... I ended up trying my luck a few more times and ended up on the floor, apparently with an "obstructed view". Which I assume means I'm sitting behind a pole or something... anyone know what those black dots mean on the Massey Hall seating plan? (I was there last July, but didn't actually pay that much attention to the building.)

Also, there essentially no spot in Massey Hall that is bad for sound. It's the greatest place to see a concert. I believe the dots mean that there's not seats there, but that's with a hazy memory from last year. The Massey Hall box office were putting their tickets on sale today at noon and then I guess Ticketmaster put theirs too. I checked on the Massey Hall and the best you can get is balcony but Ticketmaster has floor seats still in row I.

I wasted two hours of my life Wednesday morning for the presale, haplessly hitting "continue" over and over and over again without success.

I decided not to leave it to the seemingly unfair vagaries of online ticketing, so i lined up at a ticketmaster outlet for 12 noon today. Two others were there for Wilco tickets. At 12 sharp the agent clicked in for each of us. I got second row gallery (second balcony in the middle). A far cry from the second row floors that some of you lucky buggers got in the presale. But I am still thrilled just to be there. And I'm at least one of the first to be able to hold my Wilco tickets in my hot little hands.

Wow, I am fucking angry. Why did these go on sale today? I was waiting for Monday why the hell did it say Monday if the tickets arent going on sale on Monday? And i ended up getting decent balcony seats, with a smile on face before realizing it said **OBSTRUCTED VIEW**! Is there a chance of any decent tickets going on sale in the future? Should i try and cancel this order? I dont want to have an obstructed view!

Sniff. I'm missing this one because of a bunch of half-expected dental bills that have to take precedence. Shit, guys, stop playing Massey Hall - it's the only time I ever seem to miss your localish shows. :unsure

Anyway, fingers majorly crossed for a Buffalo date when they expand the tour in the summer/fall.