New Queens of the Stone Age single

i enjoyed their show a few weeks ago.

The band is really clicking on the ACL broadcast. I had no idea about it until it turned up on my DVR. Was pleasantly surprised last night. The setlist heavily favored the latest album, with most older tracks coming from Songs for the Deaf. 

Next week is Neko Case and Jason Isbell. 

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

no, i don't know her.

the closest i've come to that was being hit on the head by the douchebag from Iceage's guitar neck. 

here is my theory - Josh was really fucked up (he cut his forehead later in the show). for QOTSA shows, there are clear lines in the photo pit that you can't cross, so you end up shooting from either edge of the stage. the show they played last night was a radio show, and it wasn't their show. i asked a photog friend who was there what the shooting conditions were, and he told me those lines weren't there. maybe Josh expected them to be there and didn't realize it and got pissed when photogs had free rein of the pit? 

anyway, not excusable.

no, this was a definite bad on josh. i think he is contrite but he's going to have to take responsibility for his actions. they are a good band but this is a real bad optic especially if the photographer wasn't doing anything out of line.

• 2 weeks later...