I usually just lurk but I have a couple of questions for you wilco gurus:)

First is there a way to get the YHF original demos without them being in shn format? I downloaded the Engineer demos and with them being FLAC I had no problem converting them, but with shn every shn converter I download never works for me?

Second is there another version floating around of "Cars Can't Escape" besides the version on the engineer demos and if so where can I get it?

Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions:)

Toby

Thanks. That's a really cool version! A lot of cool effects....keys in the middle, banjo and distortion at the end.

Anyone know where this version came from? I'm assuming the YHF sessions (duh) but how did it surface?

Thanks. That's a really cool version! A lot of cool effects....keys in the middle, banjo and distortion at the end.

Anyone know where this version came from? I'm assuming the YHF sessions (duh) but how did it surface?

there is another version of cars that was on wilco web a while ago but I don't have it. hopefully a kind soul will post that for the both of us.
piano and vocals would be stripped down to me...

thats what it is... I think a tiny bit of acoustic guitar but its mostly just piano and vocals. at least the piano is much more present than the guitar.

it might be called rythm tho and maybe that's where you are confused?

i must have the wrong version then, cause i hear drums and guitar in the version i have

I believe you are referring to the version from the YHF Engineer's demos.

The version on the regular YHF demos is "Rhythm."

However, what is the origination of this third version?

yeah thats the one I was referring to. I had the other demos but i coulndt get them to convert from shn...

today i got pointed in the right direction to a good shn converter and i converted the files i just havent had a chance to listen to them yet..

so while i was listening to the engineer demos, highfives was listening to the other one...

sorry my mistake, misunderstanding

yeah thats the one I was referring to. I had the other demos but i coulndt get them to convert from shn...

today i got pointed in the right direction to a good shn converter and i converted the files i just havent had a chance to listen to them yet..

so while i was listening to the engineer demos, highfives was listening to the other one...

sorry my mistake, misunderstanding

yeah that's why I said "the regulare demos" and not engineer demos. no biggy tho.

and yankee fox this version was posted on wilcos website a while back for a free download. that is the origin of it.