A Modest Proposal

This Saturday (May 12) Wilco are in Minneapolis performing on A Prairie Home Companion. It's on too many stations to list... many NPR affiliates as well as XM, Sirius and online here.

Urgh. I guess that's another thread though. Still, WTF. Do they hate having younger fans or something?

Anyway... I guess this means pre-sales aren't doing all that well. The problem is that the people who are likely to see that letter are the ones who were going to buy it regardless. I'm obviously not a huge fan of the record but I'll still buy it on the iTunes store at least. I'm sick of accumulating plastic so am probably going to do that more often in any case.

I've seen other threads that mention folks getting their pre-orders earlier than the release date in the past...you think that is going to happen for us this time around?

Just got my email as well.... looks like we're dependent on the US Postal Service at this point. Your guess is as good as mine. But it sure would make for a nice Monday if it showed up in my mailbox...