thanks to someone on this board...

I can't remember who it was!! but it was about 2 years ago, there was a mixtape exhange thread. i think it was the second one. i was paired up with someone who made a mix for me, which included two JF songs.. "wishing" and "the sides" (by ataxia). i loved those two songs right away, and have since become a huge fan.. i've got all his albums now... except AWII, which i'm waiting for in the mail, having ordered it already.

so.. don't remember who you are, but THANKS!! JF is now one of my absolute favourites. right up there with Neil Young and the like.

Guest Rufer

Awesome. I think that was me. Makes you wonder what he's doing spending so much time in the Chili Peppers. My guess would be to play with Flea.

Anyway, yeah the golden era of the YSI exchanges was great. Those single artist mixes got me into a couple bands I otherwise wouldn't have--Drag the River and Yo La Tengo. So big ups to whoever posted those.

Awesome. I think that was me. Makes you wonder what he's doing spending so much time in the Chili Peppers. My guess would be to play with Flea.

Anyway, yeah the golden era of the YSI exchanges was great. Those single artist mixes got me into a couple bands I otherwise wouldn't have--Drag the River and Yo La Tengo. So big ups to whoever posted those.

yup it was you! i realize now i actually still have the mix with the songs... you see, i thought i had deleted the songs that i have since bought so i wouldn't have been able to find the mix because the identifying songs would have be missing, but nope... they're still there in my folder called "RufeMixer"... the tracklist is:

1. Around the Corner--The Evens

2. Ballad of the Sin Eater--Ted Leo & the Pharmacists

3. The Sides--Ataxia

4. Big Boys (Demo)--Elvis Costello

5. From Her Lips to God's Ears (The Energizer)--Against Me!

6. A New England--Billy Bragg

7. Wishing--John Frusciante

8. You Are Invited--Dismemberment Plan

9. Moonpies for Misfits--Hot Water Music

10. Checking Out--Langhorne Slim

and the date from that folder is last modified in sept of 2005. so 1.5 years ago.

thanks for that mix... it wasn't just the JF stuff that I liked, but that's definitely what I like most!

yeah, he always says he loves Flea more than anyone in the world, so... but i quite enjoy his solo stuff much more than his RHCP stuff... and I think his collaborations with Josh Klinghoffer are just awesome. everything... when Josh plays drums on his albums, when they're in Ataxia together, when they do "electronic" music like Sphere. Awesome. I LOVE John Frusciante's music.

So here's to you, Rufer... thank you SO much.

:cheers