Guest Rufer

That's funny because just this morning I was thinking about exploring my opportunities in making the opposite move. Is it all locale that is driving your decision. If so, why?

That's funny because just this morning I was thinking about exploring my opportunities in making the opposite move. Is it all locale that is driving your decision. If so, why?

a lot locale, some people, some work. i am gonna miss the music. it truly does permeate everything here. the audiences at shows, not so much, but i think i became very spoiled living in DC and then moving to a significantly smaller town.

really i miss the DC grocery stores.

I don't think I've ever been happier than when I lived in Nashville. But then again I was in college. I might as well end things. Thanks for the thread.

:shifty

I don't think I've ever been happier than when I lived in Nashville. But then again I was in college. I might as well end things. Thanks for the thread.

:shifty

dude, where did you go to college? Vandy?

Tennessee, Tennessee

There ain't no place I'd rather be

Baby, won't you carry meeeeeee

Back to Tennessee! :dancing

Guest Speed Racer

In two weeks I will have a Bachelor's degree, a salaried job, a new Honda Civic, and my very first apartment. :omg I will be...uh...playing grown-up. :mellow

Tennessee, Tennessee

There ain't no place I'd rather be

Baby, won't you carry meeeeeee

Back to Tennessee! :dancing

There you go!

I live in Nashville and go up to Bowling Green KY a lot (an hour a way) every time I cross the state line baxk into TN I always sing that out loud or have it playing.

Guest Speed Racer
wow, you got a salaried job right out of college?? lucky.

I have a student-work position in administration at my school, and my boss's next door neighbor owns a small law firm in Minneapolis. It's aaaalll about the hook-ups; it was my first and only interview. I'll be one of 10 case managers helping two lawyers prepare H-1B visas for specialty-occupation immigrants.

Pretty rough year, otherwise, so I'm glad I got at least one golden ticket. :yes

There you go!

I live in Nashville and go up to Bowling Green KY a lot (an hour a way) every time I cross the state line baxk into TN I always sing that out loud or have it playing.

maybe that's why I didn't like TN, I never knew there was a theme song. rats!

yep

For many years, I lived on Vanderbilt Lane.

My fellow Deadheads here are cracking me up by turning this into a Jerry Garcia thread.

:lol You know me, I turn EVERYTHING in to a Garcia thread.*

*= unless it's a Cheney-bashing thread.

First post - odd it's here. I moved from DC to Nashville about 5 years ago. I miss the heck out of DC but I really love Nashville. The folks are really nice and the music is crazy - the options for shows nearly any given night is unreal. DC is a great city (I'm from NY and miss it there too, but I loved DC) but Nashville is less grimy, gritty and self absorbed. I wish you the best of luck back in DC. I think about moving back every now and then but once I compare the cost of living, I'm happy to be in in Nashvegas eatin' rhinestones.

Greg

in Nashville

First post - odd it's here. I moved from DC to Nashville about 5 years ago. I miss the heck out of DC but I really love Nashville. The folks are really nice and the music is crazy - the options for shows nearly any given night is unreal. DC is a great city (I'm from NY and miss it there too, but I loved DC) but Nashville is less grimy, gritty and self absorbed. I wish you the best of luck back in DC. I think about moving back every now and then but once I compare the cost of living, I'm happy to be in in Nashvegas eatin' rhinestones.

Greg

in Nashville

interesting, i miss the grit and the grime!! i grew up for a time in the south. who knew how much of a city girl i had become. it's going to be a lot of fun being back. walking everywhere, playing soccer on the mall in the shadow of the lincoln memorial and getting stuck in traffic because of a motorcade. ah, good times!

enjoy the rhinestones!