Hey guys,

Sorry to bother you with something so piddly, I just had a question or two about your experiences with the band live. First, and least importantly, should I be worried that I haven't recieved my tickets in the mail yet? I know this is a bit silly, but I've literally got the best seats in the house for Massey Hall, and I don't want to risk anything.

Along those lines, in your experience, in seated venues, do people remain seated, or is there a mad dash for the stage? I'm all for jumping up, but considering I'm front-row center (stomp city), I was considering bringing my camera, but won't if it's likely to get crushed by the throngs of adoring fans.

Finally, are requests ever taken, or is the set pretty much rock solid each night? I know Jeff's general attitude toward people screaming out of the crowd, but I'm willing to take some verbal abuse if the band seems like they're in a good mood and willing to entertain that sort of notion.

Thanks alot everyone!

You should definitely get your tickets in time. With musictoday you should have them 2 weeks before the show. I don't think anyone else has started to receive preorder tickets.

If it's assigned seating people will be standing. Jeff will tell them that they're at a rock show if they aren't. But no one will try to infringe on your seat area and/or rush anywhere.

Bring the camera. With good seats it's your responsibility to get great shots and share them after the show. :D

Oh, and while the band usually bears with and IMO gives a little to much attention to individuals that call out, I've never seen a request have much of a difference. I've heard Jeff say, "yeah we'll get to it," but as far as I know they stick to their nightly setlists...

I don't have my Massey Hall tickets yet either (that's the one real beef I have with MusicToday - Canadians pay about $20 courier fee but yet they don't send them for weeks. Regular mail would be fine). But yeah, you shouldn't have any problem that way.

The actual Massey Hall seats (at least on levels I and II) really lend themselves to sitting (if that makes any sense). They sort of pop back like a Lazyboy or something so people do tend to stay seated there. The last show at Massey Hall was one of the occassions were Jeff strongly encouraged people to stand. I wasn't there, but he was apparently quite aggitated that people sat. (CSs) The MH show before that, pretty much everybody sat the entire show. I recall because I stood for a couple of songs and I was pretty much all alone.

You won't get crushed. After all, as PF says, it's dad rock. Even if everyone does rush the stage, I think people will generally respect your personal space and there won't be a mosh pit.

They are unlikely to take your request but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Have fun!

Ok my Massey Hall tickets for last year didn't come until 11 days before the show so don't worry about that. Last year everyone sat down and Jeff called us all "motherf*ckers" and then we all proceeded to do the typical Massey Hall "rush the stage". Your camera will definately not get crushed everyone is really good at Wilco shows and you'll get great shots at Massey. They always keep to the setlist.Hope to see you there on the 30th!

I was considering bringing my camera, but won't if it's likely to get crushed by the throngs of adoring fans.

Make sure the venue allows cameras first. Fortunately, the band DOES allow cameras ...

"wilco does allow non-flash still photography wherever it does not conflict with venue or other restrictions beyond our control. please be considerate of others. we do not allow video taping, and ask that you refrain from using your cel phones during concerts."

Key words: NON-FLASH photography.

It might be a good idea to print the band's policies from the website to keep in your pocket in case the security guys give you a problem.

And though it might be tempting, note that they don't allow video recording ... although with digital cameras and phones with video capabilities so prevalent today, a ton of them still show up on YouTube. (Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching the clips of my favorite band and don't want to be the Fun Police, but I'm worried that this trend will put the kibosh on cameras of any kind at concerts.)

Again, turn off your flash (and any beeping or shutter sounds the camera might emit), try to be discreet and look through the viewfinder rather than using the LCD viewer on the back (this also saves major battery life) and have a great time!

Thanks so much everyone, I really appreciate the responses.

Yeah, I was at Massey two nights ago for Arcade Fire and tonight for Damien Rice (shh, it's a birthday present.) I loved the place, and I figured there might not be a problem with camera stomping, I just have a fairly large SLR that'd I'd really enjoy not having destroyed. I'm pretty well aquainted with the no-flash law anyway, I'm of the personal belief that if you use a flash for anything other than dark bar pictures, you pretty much ruin the photos anyway.

Man, I'm so, so excited.

And though it might be tempting, note that they don't allow video recording ... although with digital cameras and phones with video capabilities so prevalent today, a ton of them still show up on YouTube. (Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching the clips of my favorite band and don't want to be the Fun Police, but I'm worried that this trend will put the kibosh on cameras of any kind at concerts.)

I'm not sure that will happen. Also, Wilco is smart enough to recognize that they can't stop people from leaking albums in advance and the same goes for cell phones with video. There will always be someone with the technology outsmart any policy written on a web page somewhere. Their only way of enforcing this would be to have the venue security kick people out of concerts or confiscate people's phones. That sounds like something that groups like Metallica or Aerosmith or (insert old washed up band that charges $200 a ticket here) would do.

It may have a lot to do with the quality and specific performances of that night... I mean, I sincerly doubt that it's about intellectual property rights, and more so about the fact that if the band doesn't outrightly allow video, they have slightly more control over what gets out there, like the quality of image and audio, not to mention their impression of their performance. I for one could never be happy with a song every single time I play it, and having at least a fraction more control over how you're represented (ie, what gets recorded and distributed) could mean a lot.

Plus, photos are fine, but who wants to hold a camera up the whole time anyway? If I'm watching what I'm shooting, I'm not watching the show.

more so about the fact that if the band doesn't outrightly allow video, they have slightly more control over what gets out there, like the quality of image and audio, not to mention their impression of their performance. I for one could never be happy with a song every single time I play it, and having at least a fraction more control over how you're represented (ie, what gets recorded and distributed) could mean a lot.

Playing devil's advocate here, but if a band allows audio recording of a performance, what is it about video that crosses the line into the unacceptable category?