Smashing Pumpkins - Tarantula

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2bob's and roarwkrbepsoer.....quitchyer bickering. You sound like a married couple.

Anyways, here you both go...

woohoo

I also have a DVD rip if you're interested....

thanks chief :thumbup

also the bickering is quite fake.

Look for the 4 shows they put on as the Djali Zwan. When people talk about the better songs, these are the shows/songs they are talking about.

There are 4 discs:

12-13-01 (early)

12-13-01 (late)

12-14-01 (early)

12-14-01 (late)

These shows are great.

Here's the setlist from last night's show:

"United States"

"Today"

"Stand Inside Your Love"

"Orchid"

"Doomsday Clock"

"Home"

"Hummer"

"Starz"

"Tarantula"

"Bullet"

"Gossamer"

"33"

"Rocket"

"Winterlong"

"To Sheila"

"Glass and the Ghost"

"Cherub Rock"

"1979"

"Tonight"

"Neverlost"

"That's the Way"

"Disarm"

"Zero"

"Untitled"

Encore 1:

"Shame"

"Silverf*ck"

Encore 2:

"Annie Dog"

"Muzzle"

2bob's and roarwkrbepsoer.....quitchyer bickering. You sound like a married couple.

Anyways, here you both go...

woohoo

I also have a DVD rip if you're interested....

dude, those downloads weren't working for me. i've now become possessed and am searching my little heart out for other places to download this stuff

Look for the 4 shows they put on as the Djali Zwan. When people talk about the better songs, these are the shows/songs they are talking about.

There are 4 discs:

12-13-01 (early)

12-13-01 (late)

12-14-01 (early)

12-14-01 (late)

These shows are great.

any chance you know where to find these shows?

Here's the setlist from last night's show:

"United States"

"Today"

"Stand Inside Your Love"

"Orchid"

"Doomsday Clock"

"Home"

"Hummer"

"Starz"

"Tarantula"

"Bullet"

"Gossamer"

"33"

"Rocket"

"Winterlong"

"To Sheila"

"Glass and the Ghost"

"Cherub Rock"

"1979"

"Tonight"

"Neverlost"

"That's the Way"

"Disarm"

"Zero"

"Untitled"

Encore 1:

"Shame"

"Silverf*ck"

Encore 2:

"Annie Dog"

"Muzzle"

That is a monster of a setlist. Looks GREAT!

That is a monster of a setlist. Looks GREAT!

the setlist on paper does look great, i agree... but we'll see how they actually sounded.

the Pumpkins were ALWAYS very hit or miss live, and in my experiences, more miss than hit. even the best show i saw them do wasn't really up there w/ the best shows i've seen by any means either.

the setlist on paper does look great, i agree... but we'll see how they actually sounded.

the Pumpkins were ALWAYS very hit or miss live, and in my experiences, more miss than hit. even the best show i saw them do wasn't really up there w/ the best shows i've seen by any means either.

I have seen them live several times and have many of those shows on boot. The Pumpkins live NEVER translates to tape/CD for whatever reason. But walking out of those shows I would have sworn I'd just seen the best live band on the planet!

I have seen them live several times and have many of those shows on boot. The Pumpkins live NEVER translates to tape/CD for whatever reason. But walking out of those shows I would have sworn I'd just seen the best live band on the planet!

oof, not me...

even when i was in my full tilt pumpkins mode the first time i saw them (Jan '97). Fountains of Wayne (who i'd never heard of until that night) were actually way better.

i did meet Billy and Jimmy Flemion that day though, which was pretty cool.

oof, not me...

even when i was in my full tilt pumpkins mode the first time i saw them (Jan '97). Fountains of Wayne (who i'd never heard of until that night) were actually way better.

i did meet Billy and Jimmy Flemion that day though, which was pretty cool.

See, that was the problem. By '97, they seemed to be this ginormous stadium band that lost its roots and any sence of dynamics. Around '88-92, they were playing small places and just blowing the doors off.

See, that was the problem. By '97, they seemed to be this ginormous stadium band that lost its roots and any sence of dynamics. Around '88-92, they were playing small places and just blowing the doors off.

well i was still a huge fan in '90-94, but i lived in Montana, so we had to wait a while ;)

it wasn't that huge of place though, 6-8k

but yeah, i've heard plenty of early bootlegs from that era to support my belief as well.

also the bickering is quite fake.

like, duh. I still blame earl.

dude, those downloads weren't working for me. i've now become possessed and am searching my little heart out for other places to download this stuff

yes, yes I know, I know. I found two shows from the metro and the DVD rip that I will work on sending yours and earl's ways after June 10th.

yes, yes I know, I know. I found two shows from the metro and the DVD rip that I will work on sending yours and earl's ways after June 10th.

awesome man! it'd be much appreciated :cheers

oh, and we all blame earl