I bain't seen this around yet...

The Wall Street Journal talks to Jeff about his five favourite records from the 1970s.

Wings? Really? Wings?! Out of all the records in the 70's that didn't suck that's top 5 for Jeff?

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Wings much but I don't begrudge other people the right to like them but where's fucking Neil Young on that list? Buzzcocks? Ramones? I mean, 5 records for the decade and one of your choices is f*cking (censored for the Reader's Digest folks, they'll be fun at concerts, sure) Wings?!

Wings? Really? Wings?! Out of all the records in the 70's that didn't suck that's top 5 for Jeff?

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Wings much but I don't begrudge other people the right to like them but where's fucking Neil Young on that list? Buzzcocks? Ramones? I mean, 5 records for the decade and one of your choices is f*cking (censored for the Reader's Digest folks, they'll be fun at concerts, sure) Wings?!

The Ramones or Neil Young are obvious, to-be-expected choices, especially from a songwriter like Tweedy. I'm sure his choices were designed, at least partially, to confound expectations. Would this list be half as interesting if he had just rattled off the typical names?

I kind of wonder if jeff just "talked" about these albums? I can't imagine he picked these as his favorite 70's recording. The lack of comments from tweedy leaves me to belive this. The list he put togther of his 20 fav. live albums seemed like he sat down and thought about it this seems like its off the cuff.

Paul McCartney rocks. PERIOD.

i'm about tweedy's age and band on the run was one of my first albums and i still love it. looking at the comments in the articles it sounds like that greatest hits album got him through a tough time and has a place in his heart. (as an aside i definitely think the end of "walken" sounds like the end of "live and let die.") am i more apt to listen to on the beach than band on the run nowadays, sure. is it a better album, yeh, i'd say so, but i'd never heard it until a few years ago. so if i was asked what my favorite albums of the 70's were i'd list albums i liked in or near the 70's but i'd have listed get the knack, band on the run, some b-52's or devo if they'd make it, and london calling.