10 years ago it was...

I for one am thankful for all that he gave in the short time he was here...

I had no idea, but I have been listening to the expanded edition of Live at Sine lately and actually watched the DVD. Damn time passes quickly.

(After watching the DVD I kept having the feeling that the swim in the Mississippi was sort of inevitable.)

LouieB

I really enjoyed the book "Dream Brothers." If you haven't read it yet it's a good read.

His music is good but the production seems so dated to me. I even thought that when it came out. Though I still enjoy hearing "Last Goodbye" everytime I hear it on the radio.

for a period from 1995 to 2000 or so, he was easily my favorite artist... possible ever, and still is up there

i have never been as infatuated by a single person/artists music as i was when i was fully into Buckley mode.

hard to believe it's been 10 years :no

if you've never seen the Live in Chicago (from the Metro in '95) DVD, you owe it to yourself. if you're a casual fan and that doesn't give you chills, i don't know what to say. i've made more Jeff fans from recommending that DVD than anything

I've not seen any live footage of him, only heard the stuff that's on the Mystery White Boy which sends shivers down my spine. That voice really was something incredible and I've not heard anyone like it since... all this "like Jeff Buckley" but there was only one.

Hard to believe it's been 10 years...

for a period from 1995 to 2000 or so, he was easily my favorite artist... possible ever, and still is up there

i have never been as infatuated by a single person/artists music as i was when i was fully into Buckley mode.

Knew there was a reason I like you. :worship

hard to believe it's been 10 years :no

I feel old, and sad.

if you've never seen the Live in Chicago (from the Metro in '95) DVD, you owe it to yourself. if you're a casual fan and that doesn't give you chills, i don't know what to say. i've made more Jeff fans from recommending that DVD than anything

I have about 20 hours of live video footage - concerts, festivals, etc. He is one of the most mesmerizing singers of all time. It's not just his voice. Watch his face when he sang. The emotion, the power, the naked raw energy.... It was incredible.

My wife says it differently: "he's like the anti-John Mayer... soooo hot; so sexy behind the mic." That probably works too.

I always have to put down my paintbrush and just jump up and down whenever Eternal Life comes on my ITunes! Probably drives the design consultants downstairs crazy! :cheers

Has anyone checked out the new Tim Buckley DVD?? I plan to pick it up. It is an actual official set of various performances and is supposed to be stunning. (But then again I am more of a Tim fan than a Jeff fan.....not to restart that old argument.)

LouieB

This is the first-ever collection of rare videos from Tim Buckley's live performances, including thirteen full-length songs. The footage spans his entire career, from 1967 to 1974, and includes unreleased video of interaction with Buckley on The Steve Allen Show (1969) and on WITF's The Show (1970). This DVD also features interviews with Larry Beckett (co-writer of many songs with Buckley), Lee Underwood (Buckley's guitarist) and David Browne (author of "Dream Brother: The Lives of Jeff and Tim Buckley").

I bought this and watched muchof it last night. Many of the performances were previously available on another bootleg version, but these versions are amazingly clear and wonderful. The talking heads aspect between songs with Larry Becket, Lee Underwood and David Browne the writer of Dream Brothers are uneven at best, particularly the material from David Browne who is irritating and who's observations are mostly obvious.

Back in the bad old days, not everyone had a video camera, so most of these performances are from various TV appearances and some are a stitch. Anyone who likes Jeff, but doesn't know Tim should check this out. Jeff was an interesting performer, but Tim was one special dude all the way around.

LouieB

Does it have the Monkees appearance on it?
It is the first one on the DVD. But unlike other copies, this one is very clear. I am sure even if you see it on the actual show it is pretty washed out by now.

LouieB

Rhino put them all out on dvd (they own everything to do with The Monkees) - but they do not look much better than the old VHS versions. Mrs. Peel owns them.

I was quite shocked (and pleased) to see how good the quality was on this particular clip. The re-runs of the Monkees they play on the off channel here in Chicago look like an old color photo from the early 60s, very badly faded.

LouieB

Would you like to go?
Well as I always remind people, I actually remember some of this......but yea, I wouldn't mind going back sometimes....it was certainly a simpler time and vinyl records were a bunch cheaper than now. (but so was everything....$10,000 a year was a ton of money in the 60s.)

LouieB