• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are quite awful, huh?

By the way, Jon Garland's performance was entirely predictable, as he was playing above his head by quite a bit and was due for some major regression.

With 4 K/9ip and a 5/3 K/BB I seriously doubt it. In fact, I'd be surprised if he was below 4.5 by the end of the year. He's striking out less batters and walking more. This is not a good formula for success.

Pitchers get tired, man. Real tired. I think this was less of a problem in the old days, as if you didn't have staying power, you would not stay in a Major Leagues of 16 teams with maybe 10 pitchers per team.

With 4 K/9ip and a 5/3 K/BB I seriously doubt it. In fact, I'd be surprised if he was below 4.5 by the end of the year. He's striking out less batters and walking more. This is not a good formula for success.

Javy Vazquez told me that he's going to teach Jon how to have a high K/BB ratio.

Man, the A's have been painful to watch lately. I actually stopped watching Friday's game and switched to MLB Audio because I think I would have cried if I'd seen Marco Scutaro make another error.

According to ESPN, Erik Bedard's game last night was worth a game score of 98: best in baseball this year (including the two no-hitters) and the best ever in the AL since they started tracking in 2002.

27 up, 27 down. 15 strikeouts. The Rangers looked like a 12 year old girls softball team up there at the plate.

Vazquez is in the zone

and...

they finally got the Buehrle contract done!

Great news... I had not heard that. He is really the one player I didn't want to see leave town! :dancing

edit: knowing full well that some of the team is locked in that is.

Man, the A's have been painful to watch lately. I actually stopped watching Friday's game and switched to MLB Audio because I think I would have cried if I'd seen Marco Scutaro make another error.

We were at that game. A Giants fan was sitting in front of us and after the 8th inning when Seattle turned a double play he yelled (and he was LOUD) "Hey, Scutaro--Take Some Notes" and even the A's fans with us had to laugh.