Jason Molina...not full of shit after all

Check it out, Folks!

http://www.magnoliaelectricco.com/archives/238

sojourner box set announced! (May 31st, 2007)

magnolia electric co. will release their most ambitious work to date later this summer. on august 7th, secretly canadian will issue a 4xcd, 1xdvd deluxe box set entitled

Nice. Thanks for posting. This info led me to the MEC site then to the tours page then to buying two tickets to finally see the band. It isn't till October but it's at the Iron Horse in Northampton MA. Anyone who's ever been there will understand my excitement. B)

check out those tour dates. that's one organized outfit. dates announced months ahead and deep into the fall. and even hitting my neck of the woods. :worship

Lordy lordy....They're playing the Sattelite in C,ville in September !

Hot damn!

im confused, the MEC site says chicago on 8/24, the empty bottle site is selling tix for the 25th.

and then the ticket link takes you to ticketweb and there are no tickets for sale. i would like to see him.. i havent since 2000ish?

hmm.

• 3 weeks later...
Nashville Moon is really good. Probably his best effort since "The Magnolia Electric Co".

Yeah. I'm not really sure why they didn't just put that out rather than putting the songs on separate releases. "No Moon On The Water" rocks, and "Texas 71" is f'n beautiful. I think that's one of the ones he wrote for Willie Nelson.

• 2 months later...

Finally got my copy in the mail. Shohola is awesome and the version of The Black Ram sounds much better then the version that leaked.

I'm interested to hear what everyone else thinks. This is probably my favorite release of the year!

this may be of interest only to completists, but at the Chicago show I was able to buy the looong out of print Protection Spells and the Ghost for $12 each (as opposed to the $100+ they go for on eBay). Supposedly some found stock at Secretly Canadian.

this may be of interest only to completists, but at the Chicago show I was able to buy the looong out of print Protection Spells and the Ghost for $12 each (as opposed to the $100+ they go for on eBay). Supposedly some found stock at Secretly Canadian.

Wow. I hope they have some left by September 15.