Immigration Reform Bill? Do you like it?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the general direction the Immigration Reform Bill is taking?

• Yes. I would sign it as is today.
    • No. The bill is largely unacceptable.
    • What bill?

Cool. If Mexico annexes the U.S., we can get prescription drugs without a prescription.

Cool. If Mexico annexes the U.S., we can get prescription drugs without a prescription.

And we will be able to get the drugs that Americans fund research for and develop here in America at the same low prices at the rest of the world!

I'd like to on record and state I'm Pro-Immigration and Pro-Reform. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

The bill has finally been snuffed out. Thank goodness.

One thing that I have learned is that voicing your opinion directly to these senators has an effect. I was thinking about this today and wonder why people don't call their senators. Probably because it is too much work to look it up. Then I thought, well I carry around this stupid cell phone all of the time. Why not populate it with all of my senators and representatives phone numbers. And so I did. I think everybody should have these numbers in the cell phone given that most cell phones can store hundreds of contacts. Food for thought.

ps. Go to Congress.org, type in your zip code and find out who your representatives are if you don't know. Their contact info is there too.

anyone who thinks a wall will do ANYTHING more than raise our taxes, has obviously not been to the border. i'd like to see each of those senators take a trip down to the southwest, have a little picnic in 120 degree heat, maybe even actually take a trip into mexico, and experience for themselves what those people have been dealing with for years. oh yes, and make sure they drink the water.

also, what about the people of the tohono o'odham reservation in AZ, whose lands extend into mexico? they oppose a border wall cutting through their territory, and who can blame them?

this issue is bigger than a wall, and bigger than this forum.

So your an internationalist? That's cool. I think George Bush and you would get along.

Anyone who is not an internationalist at this point is really living in the past. Globalization, which will not be stopped, renders the 19th-century concept of the nation-state more irrelevant with each passing day. We could not have the kind of America we have today, with ultracheap food and consumer goods, without porous borders and 12 million some odd people we don't have to pay market rate.

i'm kinda the 19th century style internationalist ala bakunin, goldman, etc. marxists predicted globalization, but got the ownership of the means of production wrong in that prediction.

You never know. The erosion of the middle class in this country will eventually lead to a pre-revolutionary situation. When the elites have taken everything from everybody, then everybody except the elites will have nothing to lose. If I may break out the Durutti:

"It is we the workers who built these palaces and cities here in Spain and in America and everywhere. We, the workers, can build others to take their place. And better ones! We are not in the least afraid of ruins. We are going to inherit the earth; there is not the slightest doubt about that. The bourgeoisie might blast and ruin its own world before it leaves the stage of history. We carry a new world here, in our hearts. That world is growing this minute." - Buenaventura Durutti

I will sell them the ladder.

Now, THAT is what this country is all about, my friends.