New 7 Wonders of the World

Yeah, I voted.

The satue of liberty is the only nominee that does not deserve consideration. Colossus was built over 2000 years earlier, and was every bit as majestic and was roughly the same size. Considering that, the statue of liberty doesn't make me think "how does that even exist" like virtually all of the other nominees. It doesn't inspire "wonder".

If they were going to nominate something in the US as a token gesture, the Golden Gate Bridge would have been a more suitable nominee.

I voted for:

Petra

Great Wall

Easter Island

Stonehenge

Machu Picchu

Neuschwanstein

Roman Colosseum

The Kremlin

Oh wait, that's 8. One of those was cut from my final vote. I may have cut the Kremlin. I know I didn't cut Petra, my current favorite thing on earth.

I voted for:

Petra

Great Wall

Easter Island

Stonehenge

Machu Picchu

Neuschwanstein

Roman Colosseum

The Kremlin

Oh wait, that's 8. One of those was cut from my final vote. I may have cut the Kremlin. I know I didn't cut Petra, my current favorite thing on earth.

Neuschwanstein is impressive and all, but it wouldn't make my list. I mean, it's just another big-ass house built in the late 1800s. Had it been built a few hundred years earlier, maybe I'd think differently.

If I could vote for stuff that's not listed, I'd probably substitute Falling Water in place of Neuschwanstein (if we must have a representative from the last 200 years), and I'd be sure to have both the Leshan giant Buddha and the terra cotta army on my list.

Neuschwanstein is impressive and all, but it wouldn't make my list. I mean, it's just another big-ass house built in the late 1800s. Had it been built a few hundred years earlier, maybe I'd think differently.

If I could vote for stuff that's not listed, I'd probably substitute Falling Water in place of Neuschwanstein (if we must have a representative from the last 200 years), and I'd be sure to have both the Leshan giant Buddha and the terra cotta army on my list.

I admit a large part of the reason I voted for it is because I visited it as a youngster.

Falling Water is a good call. I'm not familiar with the Terra Cotta Army.

EDIT: Checked out the TCA...you're right, that's pretty amazing.

I admit a large part of the reason I voted for it is because I visited it as a youngster.

:lol ...and I would list Falling Water because I visited it a few years ago (I'm a bit of a Frank Lloyd Wright freak).

EDIT: Checked out the TCA...you're right, that's pretty amazing.

My parents visited there last year and brought back some fascinating pictures. I hadn't heard of it before then, but now it blows my mind.

Just curious as to how many of these were built by slaves. Not saying it should necessarily disqualify it, just curious.

Edit: This is Debbie Downer.

I'm guessing you voted for Huey Lewis' hog Buddy Ebsen's mule.

Fixed it for you. :thumbup