Internet Concert Presales

Yet again today I was unsuccessful in attaining tickets for an internet presale. Damn you Ticketmaster. I think ticketmaster doesn't want me to get close to see the Kings of Leon or any other presale tickets. Is this all based on luck? So frustrating. Anyone got any tips or tricks of the trade?

Is this all based on luck?

pretty much. it does hlep a bit if you already have your log on info already in place. the few seconds it takes to enter a username/password can make all the difference between getting tickets and not.

I would like to nominate the "virtual waiting room" as the most f*cking ridiculous and annoying development in the history of online ticketing since the "order processing charge" was created to pair with the already existing and oxymoronic "convenience charge."

I would like to nominate the "virtual waiting room" as the most f*cking ridiculous and annoying development in the history of online ticketing since the "order processing charge" was created to pair with the already existing and oxymoronic "convenience charge."

Seconded.

Anyone got any tips or tricks of the trade?

Can't comment on ticketmaster, but I recently acquired tickets to a pretty desirable gig via-Music Today by simple persistence.

I logged on about a minute before the pre-sale began, and continued to get a "not enough tickets to fill your request at this time " message for about a half an hour until two tickets fell into my cart; (29 minutes after the sale began).

At some point during the ordeal, when my anxiety level had piqued, I called Music Today and a rep told me to "Keep trying, someone's credit is bound to be denied".

Certainly wont work every time but it bears mentioning: Keep plugging away. Sometimes it pays off.

Can't comment on ticketmaster, but I recently acquired tickets to a pretty desirable gig via-Music Today by simple persistence.

I logged on about a minute before the pre-sale began, and continued to get a "not enough tickets to fill your request at this time " message for about a half an hour until two tickets fell into my cart; (29 minutes after the sale began).

At some point during the ordeal, when my anxiety level had piqued, I called Music Today and a rep told me to "Keep trying, someone's credit is bound to be denied".

Certainly wont work every time but it bears mentioning: Keep plugging away. Sometimes it pays off.

Don't rub it in. :realmad

:cheekkiss

Here something that's worked for me in the past - although it's not an online trick - when a show is going onsale, call the local Ticketmaster number for an area nowhere near the event. Example: when the Rolling Stones Fenway Park tickets went on sale, I called the Las Vegas area Ticketmaster and got right in.

As a general bit of advice, practice, especially if you're using something "new". The above advice on the phone system is quite good but don't make your first call at 10 am when tickets go onsale. Call a few days early and try to buy tickets for something else.... For systems like TM, there are many steps to go through before your order is finalized. So try buying the Amercian Idol tour - get to know how the automated phone system works and how to get a real operator (usually pushing "#" about 16 times gets a real person on the phone) - for example, that way you will learn that is takes a minute or two to get through the initial menu so don't call right at 10 but call a bit early. But I would always encourage people to play around with whatever system they will be using beforehand.

The advice about patience is very good as well. Lots of times for shows that "sold out" in 3 minutes, I have picked up decent tickets 30 to 60 minutes later, and often days or weeks later.

Good luck