Charlotte June 20th

I know it's just over a week ahead of time, but I thought I'd go ahead and post.. Who's going to the Charlotte show? My wife and I will be there.. Anyone know of any good places to eat before the show?

I know it's just over a week ahead of time, but I thought I'd go ahead and post.. Who's going to the Charlotte show? My wife and I will be there.. Anyone know of any good places to eat before the show?

My Girlfriend and I will be going... for our second Wilco show at this venue! Charlotte sucks donkey balls, in my expert opinion... hoping for a great show though, I really hope they play that VW song!

My Girlfriend and I will be going... for our second Wilco show at this venue! Charlotte sucks donkey balls, in my expert opinion... hoping for a great show though, I really hope they play that VW song!

I'm sure wilco will put on a great show. Ovens is not a bad venue for charlotte.

I did not like charlotte much when i lived there either. Bands tend to skip it a lot

I'm sure wilco will put on a great show. Ovens is not a bad venue for charlotte.

I did not like charlotte much when i lived there either. Bands tend to skip it a lot

Just below Charlotte is York, SC (small town) but they have the Sylvia Theatre, a cool venue...

Great for a solo show...

My wife and I will be there, along with a couple of friends still in college.

We're from Charlotte, and the only places near Ovens that come to mind that I would recommend to others is Lupe's (regularly voted best burger in Charlotte, along with the best chili in Charlotte), Red Rocks, or Hotel Charlotte.

Lupe's is only about two miles from Ovens on Monroe Avenue. Last time I went, they still only accepted cash or checks (no credit cards or debit). Great meal and atmosphere for under $10 a plate.

Red Rocks is a little more upscale, and you'll find patrons dressed a little more trendy than the crowd at Lupe's. The food, however, is still good. I personally go for their Cajun pasta with Shrimp. Expect to spend rougly $20 per person, not including drinks. A funny story, once I ordered a Reuben sandwich and they brought it out without the corned beef.

Red Rocks is in the Strawberry Hill center at the corner of Providence and Fairview, probaby 15-20 minutes from Ovens.

If you like seafood, pasta, and beer, Hotel Charlotte is the place you want to hit. It's one of my favorite restaurants in Charlotte. They have over 100 different beers and their cajun pasta is excellent. It's on the corner of Providence and Sharon Amity, probably 10-15 minutes from Ovens.

There's also a Mellow Mushroom at the Cotswald Shopping Center at the corner of Providence and Sharon Amity. It's just down the street from Hotel Charlotte, 10-12 minutes from Ovens.

Those are some decent restaurants in the general vicinity. I'm sure there are other quality restaurants in the area, but they are probably too pricey and that's why I can't comment on them.

Saw Wilco in '05 when they came to Charlotte. I made Jeff promise he'd come back to Charlotte and he promised on stage that they would return right before they played their last song of the night, Outtasite (Outta Mind).

Hope this helps. Sorry but I can't think of any motels to recommend off the top of my head.

Jackelope Jack's http://www.jackalopejacks.com/ is a good pre-show place to grab a bite (meatloaf is great) and a drink. Casual atmosphere and good wait staff, usually.

Also, the Philosopher's Stone (Thai Chicken Stir Fry is good) http://www.philosophersstonetavern.com/menu.htm is similar and less than a block down the street from Jack's.

My wife and I and about 10 others will be at one of these two places before the show.

They are both about 3 miles from Ovens. Directions to Ovens from Jacks (Ovens would be on your right): http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.ad...ty%20Government

I will be there, very very excited. I only hope no one yells "SHE'S A JAR" at an inopportune moment.

The Penguin is a great little dive, cold beer and fried pickles...

My wife and I will be there, along with a couple of friends still in college.

We're from Charlotte, and the only places near Ovens that come to mind that I would recommend to others is Lupe's (regularly voted best burger in Charlotte, along with the best chili in Charlotte), Red Rocks, or Hotel Charlotte.

Lupe's is only about two miles from Ovens on Monroe Avenue. Last time I went, they still only accepted cash or checks (no credit cards or debit). Great meal and atmosphere for under $10 a plate.

Oh you are bringing back the good memories. I liked going to lupes. Fun litte joint with good food.

I dont know if Smokey Joes is still open but i don't think it is far from ovens or lupe and i loved going their on tuesday nights they have live open mic night. They have a ping pong table and you can play free ping pong and i think it was 1$ drafts. The music varried by who showed up but it was always fun. So if anyone is in town on the tuesday before i would check that out :thumbup

Oh you are bringing back the good memories. I liked going to lupes. Fun litte joint with good food.

I dont know if Smokey Joes is still open but i don't think it is far from ovens or lupe and i loved going their on tuesday nights they have live open mic night. They have a ping pong table and you can play free ping pong and i think it was 1$ drafts. The music varried by who showed up but it was always fun. So if anyone is in town on the tuesday before i would check that out :thumbup

My sister-in-law met her husband at Smokey Joes. I've only been there for drinks, so I couldn't comment about any food. The one time we went for open mic night, the music was horrible. Guess you have to take the bad with the good for the sake of open mic music.