6/14/07 - Cincinnati - Aronoff

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were also a couple times where Jeff used some mighty big words and seemed quite pleased with himself from a vocabulary standpoint... one was something about worring that the Owl might take away from the "poignancy" of the next number (War on War) or something like that... and there were a couple of others that were amusing at the time but I have managed to forget... anyone recall those?

Early on he mentioned Cinci being the second stop on "our North American tour", that started in Davenport. (which got some loud boos) Then he joked that it would've been a waste of gas to do Ohio then Iowa THEN Indy. Or something like that. But promised that Cinci would be the first stop "next time".

Apart from that, the Owl, the inebriation and the way back machine ... I think that was all the chit chat.

This was really a great show. The wife and I lucked out and had semi-decent tickets (row F). It wasn't as sweet as being 10 feet away from jeff last year in MS but it worked. I enjoyed the live treatment of the new stuff. I really dug the last 2 records, but I think Sky Blue Sky is turning out to be a natural progression from summerteeth. Everytime Jeff mentioned the "Wayback Machine" I started hoping they would pull out Pieholden Suite or something, but Via Chicago was nice.

I actually got Jeff's setlist from the show and was really bummed when I saw "Always in Love" after Heavy Metal Drummer in encore 2. I guess there was a curfew or something because that would have made my night.

My Pics of the show can been seen at my flickr

Early on he mentioned Cinci being the second stop on "our North American tour", that started in Davenport. (which got some loud boos) Then he joked that it would've been a waste of gas to do Ohio then Iowa THEN Indy. Or something like that. But promised that Cinci would be the first stop "next time".

Apart from that, the Owl, the inebriation and the way back machine ... I think that was all the chit chat.

Best lines:

About Cinci before Iowa- "That would just be a waste of gas man"

Concerning the Owl "Wrap your mind around THAT reality" :rotfl

Wilco spent some $$$ on lights, the beginning of Side with the Seeds was extremely cool. PKB was kickass, I thought the over all volume was really low? Maybe it was the venue or city ordinance? Overall I left kind of :hmm Don't get me wrong, not a more talented or cohesive band out there. However after INDY I was all

like :D :wub :dance :music :worship :worship :rock :blink :bounce8 :bounce8 :hyper :thumbup :dribble

Best lines:

About Cinci before Iowa- "That would just be a waste of gas man"

Concerning the Owl "Wrap your mind around THAT reality" :rotfl

Wilco spent some $$$ on lights, the beginning of Side with the Seeds was extremely cool. PKB was kickass, I thought the over all volume was really low? Maybe it was the venue or city ordinance? Overall I left kind of :hmm Don't get me wrong, not a more talented or cohesive band out there. However after INDY I was all

like :D :wub :dance :music :worship :worship :rock :blink :bounce8 :bounce8 :hyper :thumbup :dribble

This isn't meant to be insulting...do you have hearing problems? My mom was there and she's got MASSIVE hearing loss from childhood infections and a lifetime of playing violin professionally, and she put in the high-fidelity earplugs I gave her midway through. I wear the same kind because they protect your ears without destroying the mixture of sound you get, and frankly I wouldn't go to a rock concert without them. I agree this wasn't as ridiculously loud as some I've been to in the past, especially before I decided to start wearing plugs on someone else's recommendation, but I hardly found the volume to be low.

This isn't meant to be insulting...do you have hearing problems? .... I hardly found the volume to be low.

+1

It was 'loud enough'. Sometimes Jeff's mic was drowned out by guitars, but mostly when he wasn't right up to it... that's the way it goes. (I was row H on the left side of the stage)

does anyone Know where i can find a recording of the cincinnati show?

dude, you've got to give the tapers time...at least a week. they do a great service for us, so just be patient and something will show up soon.

One thing I loved was the age diversity in the audience. Everyone from 13-year-olds (kudos) with their dad and mom in tow, to aging hipsters...yikes, I guess I'd fall into that camp! :pirate

And everyone was really into it. In that sense it reminded me of seeing Arlo Guthrie and Pete Seeger in Montreal back in '85 - I was 20 and went to that show with my dad and my grandmother (and it was a blast). :thumbup

cool IM waiting just excited to hear the show again!

i know. having a memory recorded to be enjoyed over and over is awesome. i'm just engaged to a taper and know how much work it takes to get one of those shows out to the public.

I just got home, but I'll have some pics of the aftershow meetup soon. What a great crew of people the Wilcos attract! :wub

This isn't meant to be insulting...do you have hearing problems? My mom was there and she's got MASSIVE hearing loss from childhood infections and a lifetime of playing violin professionally, and she put in the high-fidelity earplugs I gave her midway through. I wear the same kind because they protect your ears without destroying the mixture of sound you get, and frankly I wouldn't go to a rock concert without them. I agree this wasn't as ridiculously loud as some I've been to in the past, especially before I decided to start wearing plugs on someone else's recommendation, but I hardly found the volume to be low.

Yeah... My first concerts were The Who in'79 and KISS in '78 soooo.. good chance of some hearing problems, glad you and your Mom had fun at the rock show! I likes my rock LOUD :stunned

A handful of shows since Cincy have popped up on Dime-A-Dozen and etree and I'm starting to doubt if this one was recorded. I sure hope I'm wrong, though. Keep your fingers crossed.

Yeah... My first concerts were The Who in'79 and KISS in '78 soooo.. good chance of some hearing problems, glad you and your Mom had fun at the rock show! I likes my rock LOUD :stunned

Well I certainly hope you're okay. I just feel really bad for my mom and anyone with hearing loss and don't want to become like that...but now and then I'm stupid about it, especially if I'm playing my own guitar plugged in.

Well I certainly hope you're okay. I just feel really bad for my mom and anyone with hearing loss and don't want to become like that...but now and then I'm stupid about it, especially if I'm playing my own guitar plugged in.

What?? :thumbup

Hi everyone,

I have been checking the usuall sources, and have not seen the Cincinnati show posted. It was my son's first concert and would like to get him a copy. Does anyone know if this was even recorded? Still looking for the Tall Stacks show too from October....

Thanks,

Jeff

I'd love to get this show too. It was a pretty good one. I wouldn't mind gettting Tall Stacks too if it happens to be floating around out there.

To the poster who asked above, some of the usual places to check are DimeADozen and bt.etree.org, which are BitTorrent trackers that exist pretty much exclusively for live music.

• 2 weeks later...
Recording anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller....

Thanks,

Jeff

Doesn't look like it. I've checked Dime-a-Dozen and etree.org every day since the show and nothing. It seems that it's one of the few shows not to be recorded for the SBS tour. :ohwell