Pines Theaters June 24, 2007

Hello,

I put this in my review of the show and I saw it in the MTV Unplugged thread. I figured I'd give everyone the heads up. Sorry, if this is somewhere else on the board in plain sight.

Anyways, it will be on in "the future". Beautiful venue. It reminds me of the type of place that would hold a German festival. I remember an old U2 video bootleg I have of them back in 82 in Lorelely, Germany I think. It looks pretty close to it. Behind the stage is a forest. The place has its charms and is unique.

Thanks,

Kristofor

I heard it was for VH1 Online. They are evidently doing a new series of live shows with behind-the-scenes footage and allowed Wilco to choose which date to film -- they chose Pines. Cat Power is supposed to be the first in the series. That's all I've got.

When they announced that before the show some dude behind me yelled SPRING BREAK!

I am not suprised at all to see its for an online series. They only had 3 or 4 stationary cameras and none strung up over the crowd. I saw MTV film U2 under the Brooklyn Bridge and there was easily 8 cameras, and it was a smaller place. If I remember right Sunken Treasure was filmed wit 5 or 6 cameras. Anyways, fewer cameras probably means lower budget which means not for airwaves.

When they announced that before the show some dude behind me yelled SPRING BREAK!

I am not suprised at all to see its for an online series. They only had 3 or 4 stationary cameras and none strung up over the crowd. I saw MTV film U2 under the Brooklyn Bridge and there was easily 8 cameras, and it was a smaller place. If I remember right Sunken Treasure was filmed wit 5 or 6 cameras. Anyways, fewer cameras probably means lower budget which means not for airwaves.

this was an excellent show to have filmed, though, whatnot with the "sizzlers" being tossed and headband gift giving, as well as Outtasite in the encore.