Denver: 2 Shows 2 Nights-- 0 Repeats

no one have any idea about the presale tickets, being mailed out?

Usally they come before two weeks prior,if not then they will come as said.

I always hated that week ass PJ comparison.Come up with some new material people.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha!

There is little to no variation in their recent setlists. This is the first time in ages that when Wilco comes around, I have zero interest in seeing them. The live presentation is top notch, but a lack of variation is horrible. A lot of the greats aren't being trotted out anymore which is depressing.

There is little to no variation in their recent setlists. This is the first time in ages that when Wilco comes around, I have zero interest in seeing them. The live presentation is top notch, but a lack of variation is horrible. A lot of the greats aren't being trotted out anymore which is depressing.

To which greats are you referring?

I saw Bob Dylan in Buffalo two years ago and he played a totally different set from the night before that in Detroit. I think Dylan likes to keep his bands on their toes....he also has a shitload of familiar repertoire to draw from.

I saw Bob Dylan in Buffalo two years ago and he played a totally different set from the night before that in Detroit. I think Dylan likes to keep his bands on their toes....he also has a shitload of familiar repertoire to draw from.

I compare Dylan to Wilco shows in that 8 out of ten times you see the standard set,but the 2 shows that aren't just blow your mind.You just got lucky,if you really look at the Dylan setlists,you'll see what I'm saying.

hey sir stewart, what state are you in?

Just curious, cause I know it takes 2 days from virginia us priority mail

Mass.

I guess I got lucky. I most likely won't be at the show - got real excited and bought them hoping I'd be able to meet up with my Denver friend there...

I compare Dylan to Wilco shows in that 8 out of ten times you see the standard set,but the 2 shows that aren't just blow your mind.You just got lucky,if you really look at the Dylan setlists,you'll see what I'm saying.

Yeah, I know. I was just saying "it happens"....occasionally.

I am a definitely a Pearl Jam fan, but you can't deny that no matter how much they switch their set it's gonna be sonically way more consistant than the most standard Wilco set. A Pearl Jam show might bring out: "can you believe they rocked 'State of Love and Trust' straight into 'Insignificance' followed by 'Daughter' and 'World Wide Suicide'?" (which definitely would be a kick ass time). Not quite covering as much musical ground as a fairly standard Hummingbird, Poor Places, Spiders with a suprise Hoodoo Voodoo. Respect to Pearl Jam for aging like a fine wine and still dropping great records but their longer concerts are way more yawn inducing than Wilco shows.

Usally they come before two weeks prior,if not then they will come as said.

I always hated that week ass PJ comparison.Come up with some new material people.

Why do you hate the PJ comparison, in regards to changing their set and guessing what is coming next they blow away Wilco, which if you see a band more than twice on a tour or listen to a live recording is what you are looking for. Why would somebody listen to more than two shows from a Wilco tour when they would both be mostly so similar. Great bands and performers mix up their sets night after night adding new songs, playing different versions, playing a great cover. Sadly Wilco while good to see live does not go that extra step and sit down and put much thought into their set on a nightly basis.

Great bands and performers mix up their sets night after night adding new songs

1.)Not all bands who mix up their set are good.

2.)Not all greats mix up their set.

I agree,I would love a fresh set every night.I've seen Doc Watson back to back nights and he played the same exact set and told the same exact jokes/stories.I wouldn't change that for the world.Usally one out of say three Wilco shows I see a year are fantastic.I guess thats the chance I take.I still have a blast,it's good to get out of town for a night,see friends.I'm flying out to Denver for the same and I have a feeling that one of the nights will blow me away.And the PJ thing,well I guess it's the opposite comparison of bands I dislike.

I agree,I would love a fresh set every night.I've seen Doc Watson back to back nights and he played the same exact set and told the same exact jokes/stories.I wouldn't change that for the world.Usally one out of say three Wilco shows I see a year are fantastic.I guess thats the chance I take.I still have a blast,it's good to get out of town for a night,see friends.I'm flying out to Denver for the same and I have a feeling that one of the nights will blow me away.And the PJ thing,well I guess it's the opposite comparison of bands I dislike.

That is the most important part, the fun of seeing old friends, getting out of our everyday routine, and if the show blows us away then all the better. Have a good time!!!

Thank you!I'm sure I'll have a great time,if both nights are pretty routine then I might take a break from the shows for awhile.Sunday night is my 15th show so I might just take a break anyways.No one needs overkill!Plus threre is so much good music out right now that subjecting myself to one band is just crazy.

Pearl Jam did this during their 3-night stint in Boston in 2003. What was truly impressive was the fact that they played anywhere from 26-32 songs per night.

Of course Pearl Jam did that. I mean they were a dozen years into the career at that point. It's the type of things that bands a dozen years in do. Right?

I agree with you for the most part. However, I live for the unexpected. I can't imagine seeing most of a tour when 2/3 of the show is set in stone. Even if the shows aren't tight as hell, I'll take 'ragged but right' sets everytime.

Of course Pearl Jam did that. I mean they were a dozen years into the career at that point. It's the type of things that bands a dozen years in do. Right?

No, for example Wilco does not and they are a dozen years in. This is not a slight towards Wilco but it is fact