The Thanks I Get!

I've bought the SBS CD/DVD version. I've paid for the extra tracks from itunes. I'm a pretty big fan of Wilco but because I'm from Ireland I was sold a version of the album that won't allow me to access the Enhanced Content on the CD. Many others are suffering this all over the UK/Ireland and Japan regions. With all this trouble the "Help Accessing the ECD" link has been removed from the wilcoworld site - pretty strange...

It's just seeing the post a few days ago that is pinned to the top of the forum kinda irked me. I appreciate that Wilco are very generous with their fans. They show a loyalty that many others do not. But to post to stop people accessing music they have paid for due to a technical hitch on their part is a little much. I paid for "Thanks I Get" so why can't I get a direct link to it, after the website/band/techies have screwed up?

I'm sure someone would be happy to PM you a link to the song in private. The mods just don't like willy nilly sharing of wilco songs in the open, since, like you said, they are very nice to us.

What other band is so cool about tapers and traders? They are generous guys. SBS was my first album and since buying it I have bought all the albums both DVDs and both books, a t-shirt and poster from the official store, as well as taking advantage of the site here for the demos, live shows, etc. I think they are a band whose generosity with their fans is repaid in their sales figures. I have to say it makes me want to NOT d/l stuff by them illegally, and rather pay for the official release.

And of course if anyone wants to send me a PM with that song I won't say no seeing as it's the only one I haven't tracked down... :)

What other band is so cool about tapers and traders? They are generous guys. SBS was my first album and since buying it I have bought all the albums both DVDs and both books, a t-shirt and poster from the official store, as well as taking advantage of the site here for the demos, live shows, etc. I think they are a band whose generosity with their fans is repaid in their sales figures. I have to say it makes me want to NOT d/l stuff by them illegally, and rather pay for the official release.

And of course if anyone wants to send me a PM with that song I won't say no seeing as it's the only one I haven't tracked down... :)

Two Dvds? Does that include the "Man in the Sand" DVD? What about the four Uncle Tupel lps, The Minus 5 - Down With Wilco lp, the 3 Golden Smog lps, the Chelsea Walls soundtrack, the 2 Loose Fur lps and Nels Cline's 800 releases?

No, seriously, I'm just messing with you. I'm jealous that you're hearing all of that for the first time, but pace yourself a bit, you might burn yourself out.

most likely I am trying to break your heart and Sunken treasure... Man in the sand would be a 3rd one

yeah, that's what i assume as well, i was just being a smartass.