Obviously the newer albums haven't sold as well, being dad rock and all.....Nick has said in interviews that he no longer has to be current, just make music he likes and if it sells fine and if not fine. He has made a ton of money as a producer, etc., so he is pretty comfortable in his "old age".

LouieB

Ever noticed the seize of his nose? BTW just upped a nice Nick one on TTD with no tons of money but tons of issues instead

Although I don't own any Nick Lowe I feel fortunate to have seen Rockpile open for Van Morrison and also Nick Lowe open for Elvis C. and also The Cars. I'll never forget Rockpile it was if it were last week. They were phenomenal live. So was Morrison. The Cars were quite lackluster standing there copying the records. Nick Lowe had Jools Holland on the keyboards. Needless to say I can't remember being around for The Cars' encore. Lowe and Co. stole the show. B)

VC proves yet again that I am not the only person in the world that knows [iNSERT ARTIST]...

Awesome. Listened to my old Labour of Lust and Nick the Knife LPs this weekend. Bought tix to see him on the 20th in NYC.

Saw Nick Lowe in NYC on 7/20 at Housing Books. A bizarre venue to see him, but the upside was that the crowd was very small and very respectful. We were surrounded by books and a coffee bar. 200 people there tops? Nick was funny, understated and seemingly struck by the love from the crowd. Two fairly bland openers before Nick took the makeshift stage at 9:15.

Apparently the show was for charity so he only played til 10pm. From memory, the set was probably half from the new album, and half oldies. New song highlights were: I Trained Her to Love Me, Hope For Us All (maybe the highlight of the night), Long Limbed Girl and People Change. Oldies included: Soulful Wind, Beast In Me, Without Love, I Knew The Bride, Peace Love and Understanding, Heart in the City and Heart.

Out of the hundreds of shows that I have been to, this was the first real encore I have ever been a part of. Nick finished his set and came back with the typical encore (I Knew the Bride) and then left the stage for good. The crowd clapped, cheered, stomped its feet, etc. One of the board members of the charity was on the stage trying to get a raffle for charity going and people just kept cheering and cheering. To the point where the board member said "come on folks, Nick just played a free set..." People wouldn't give in and Nick eventually came back out (after a good 5 mins?) and obliged. Some people left assuming it was a lost cause. He came back out, all smiles, and nailed Beast in Me. It was wonderful.

Out of the hundreds of shows that I have been to, this was the first real encore I have ever been a part of.
It is always nice to see a "real" encore instead of the hundreds of fake ones we all see.

LouieB

A top notch DVD right now on Dime:

This is a DVB-S version of the same show that was posted earlier here:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details...55227&hit=1

Because this is a direct copy of the Satellite broadcast, this is higher quality (not re-encoded), and smaller filesize.

Nick Lowe

BBC4 Sessions

LSO St. Lukes

London

2007-06-07

Broadcast: 2007-07-21 02:20 - 03:20

Nick Lowe : Guitar, Vocals

Geraint Watkins : piano, Organ, Accordian

Robert Trehern : Drums

Steve Donnelly : Guitar

Matt Radford : Upright bass

Horns:

Matt Holland

Chris Barber

Martin Winning

BBC 4 > DVB-S > Hauppauge Nova-S > DVBviewer > .ts >

ProjectX > mpv & mpa files > DVDLabPro.

Video : PAL 720 x 576 @ 25fps. 3119kb/s

Aspect Ratio : 16:9

No logo

Audio : MPEG1 layer 2 48.0 kHz @ 256kbps

Menu

Switchable subtitles

00:00:00:00 1. Heart

00:03:35:23 2. What's Shakin' On The Hill

00:07:14:08 3. Without Love

00:09:56:02 4. Lately I've Let Things Slide

00:13:20:02 5. Has She Got A Friend

00:16:01:21 6. I Trained Her To Love Me

00:20:10:00 7. Indian Queens

00:24:19:03 8. Cruel to Be Kind

00:27:46:12 9. You Inspire Me

00:31:52:18 10. Long Limbed Girl

00:34:54:16 11. Hope For Us All

00:38:46:12 12. The Other Side Of The Coin

00:42:13:21 13. Shting Shtang

00:45:07:03 14. The Man In Love

00:47:24:10 15. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding

00:51:41:17 16. I Knew The Bride (When She Used To Rock 'N' Roll)

00:56:01:21 17. The Beast In Me

00:59:06:15 End