Shake it Off on WXRT chicago

I was on my way home from work today and flipping through the radio stations as usual when Shake it Off came on 93.1 XRT radio chicago. I was wondering what song would be hitting the waves after What Light, and i have to admit i was a little down on Shake it Off when i found out it was going to be on SBS. I even called it my "least favorite" song on the album, but it has since grown on me alot. It was a great song to hear on the radio, although I would rather have You Are My Face be the next song on the radio, it was still nice to hear some expected Wilco on the airwaves. :rock

Yea, squeezed it in between the Cure and REM....

Up here we have one of those "alternative" stations that just plays all the alternative hits that you can hear on Top 40, too. (Green Day is another staple.) But, strangely, in between all the most recent college hits, they play "Friday I'm In Love" endlessly (just like our adult contemporary station).

Up here we have one of those "alternative" stations that just plays all the alternative hits that you can hear on Top 40, too. (Green Day is another staple.) But, strangely, in between all the most recent college hits, they play "Friday I'm In Love" endlessly (just like our adult contemporary station).
Rosie and I have a joke about WXREM, but lately they have been playing alot of the Cure. I like both REM and the Cure, but there are days that XRT plays such a short play list it is nauseating. They have this incredible record library (supposedly) but it is amazing the limited number of artists they play and even the limited number of cuts by those same artists. Friday I'm in Love is a great song, but really....

LouieB

"XRT played a Wilco song. imagine that."

They play Wilco pretty often. I heard Box Full of Letters today. ( of all things) They play Box Full of Letters every once in awhile. They play Can't Stand It often...sometimes I hear Shot in The Arm... I heard Theologians a on a couple various Sundays ( though not for a long time)...and of course What Light. Actually, when you think about it, that's alot more songs than they usually play by a single artist, even if they don't play them as often.

Theologians was in heavy rotation back when AGIB was released. At this point XRT knows Wilco is pretty acceptable to its audience, though REM still gets far more play as do a whole group of XRT artists who get played adnauseum. You can be sure that the new Smashing Pumpkins will get a ton of play (we heard one of their new songs last night in fact on the way home from Pitchfork.)

LouieB

Just out of curiosity, how long has it been since XRT broadcasted a Wilco show? I know I have some from long ago, but I don't think I have any shows w/ the current lineup.

Hey - Does anyone of you Chicagoans have an alternative to XRT when a Pumpkins or Cure song comes on (which happens a lot these days)?

Just spent the last two days at the Old Town Folk and Roots festival... man what a fun weekend.