Box full of letters?

I broached the subject a while back of VC or its' members having access to interview the members of Wilco.

Here's another thought: how about a section (subforum) where we could post comments and questions to the band members...? Obviously there's no guarantee they'd be read or responded to by Wilco, but you never know - it seems the band is pretty in tune with its' fans. Maybe they would welcome the interaction on a limited basis.

I'd humbly suggest calling it "Box Full Of Letters". :)

So is that a yes / no / maybe..?

I suppose it will require a meeting of the cognescenti. :brow B)

Here's another thought: how about a section (subforum) where we could post comments and questions to the band members...?

I suspect that this forum would require a lot more moderation than the current number of admins/moderators could handle.

I suspect that this forum would require a lot more moderation than the current number of admins/moderators could handle.

That might be true. There may be ways of limiting the BS, maybe not allow access to it until a member reaches 300 posts? We could also set up some formal-ish netiquette rules...e.g. not more than one new topic started per month by any member.

That might be true. There may be ways of limiting the BS, maybe not allow access to it until a member reaches 300 posts?

Sounds like a spam magnet to me. If you set a minimum, people will post lots of stupid bullshit just to attain it.

Sounds like a spam magnet to me. If you set a minimum, people will post lots of stupid bullshit just to attain it.

Fair enough. I suppose it could be by invitation only, for contributing members only, whatever. There must be valid ways to limit the access.

So far everyone seems to hate the idea. :pirate

So far everyone seems to hate the idea. :pirate

I for one, do NOT hate it, just waiting & watching and seeing whether it's even possible...

That might be true. There may be ways of limiting the BS, maybe not allow access to it until a member reaches 300 posts? We could also set up some formal-ish netiquette rules...e.g. not more than one new topic started per month by any member.

Yeah, because the people around here with lots of posts would never post any BS. :rolleyes

Also, Sarchi, I'm only teasing you with this one, but... limit the number of topics started by any member? You came up with this idea? :lol

Also, Sarchi, I'm only teasing you with this one, but... limit the number of topics started by any member? You came up with this idea? :lol

:yes :lol

haha..point taken.

But what I meant was, if this idea ever flies, we could have some guidelines for people who have access to it -- that they can't just post a new question or fan letter to Wilco every day, or anytime something pops into their heads. Ideally the forum would be very uncluttered...maybe ~10 topics a week. So that if our boys log in to look at it, they can find what's relevant and have a half-chance of actually replying back to us.

What about a sub-forum where anyone can post questions (however good, bad, inane, or random), but they are all assembled for a once-weekly poll on which 2 (or 3, or the 10 suggested above, or however many) get moved forward into the real "ask Wilco" forum - which would be limited to read-access only for everyone but moderators and (hopefully!) Wilco? The poll could be open to all users, or just a select group I guess, but it would be a mechanism to winnow down the questions.

What about a sub-forum where anyone can post questions (however good, bad, inane, or random), but they are all assembled for a once-weekly poll on which 2 (or 3, or the 10 suggested above, orhowever many) get moved forward into the real "ask Wilco" forum - which would be limited to read-access only for everyone but moderators and (hopefully!) Wilco?

:thumbup

I like that idea....what's really good about it, is that the more experienced VC'ers could point out where the 'answers' are already out there - from articles / interviews / books that were previously published.

So how about it then...?

New forum 1: Box Full Of Letters QA/Staging Area (weekly poll with some admin tweaking)

New forum 2: Box Full Of Letters --> post 2-3 questions a week for Wilco band members here. Limited access to this forum (i.e. registered members can view it, band members could post, or more likely, admins could post their replies for them)

Could this work?