Sports Center Top Plays early Sun. Am.

So, Sunday morning I'm waiting on my 5 year old to wake up, she had a big Sat. Pool/playground/ blues and bbq fest.etc. I have a chance to catch up on the week-end sports and i am watching the top plays, #2 lead in line "Like Jeff Tweedy is to Wilco Johnny Damon is to the Yankee's" I almost dropped my coffee, later that morning ESPN first time i saw the new VW commercial, there everywhere. Not to start this argument again I say They are long overdue.

Really I think it is a pretty lame comparison JD to JT I would go with Jorge Posada, or Jeter in that comparison. in that they have been there since the beginning. bot still cool.

Is it just me or does the analogy not make any sense

Remember, it's ESPN. The network that brings you "Who's Now". Not making sense makes perfect sense to those Disney pawns.

Remember, it's ESPN. The network that brings you "Who's Now". Not making sense makes perfect sense to those Disney pawns.

I actally dig the "who's now" thing, summer is a downtime for sports in general so gotta fill the time somehow.... completely know what you mena though with the example.

I actally dig the "who's now" thing, summer is a downtime for sports in general so gotta fill the time somehow.... completely know what you mena though with the example.

:barf

I guess some people like 24/7 coverage of Bonds not playing??

I'm not sure that's the only alternative, as there is a whole lot going on in MLB these days, and football season is gearing up, plus there's a NBA ref gambling/score fixing scandal and the whole Atlanta Falcons' quarterback killing dogs for sport thing. I, personally, prefer all of that to watching Sportscenter's attempt to channel "US Weekly."

Guest Jules

Everyone involved with "Who's Now" should be ashamed of themselves.

Also, BALLS.

This has to be the stupidest thing ever. Is ESPN turning into MTV?
Something like that.

I can't believe Michael Wilbon signed up for this. I bet for Round Two, they replace Keyshawn with Paula Abdul, so she can tell Kobe Bryant that he's "what this competition is all about," and that he "took the crossover, and made it his own."

Yeah, Stuart Scott is retarded on that segment, too.
That crap is a total fucking disgrace. I'd comment further, but I've been switching off SportsCenter as soon as it starts. WHO. FUCKING. CARES.

That goes for the Espys too.

Note to ESPN: If you're really this desperate, please bring back Australian Rules Football. I would totally watch that.

I guess some people like 24/7 coverage of Bonds not playing??

As I believe I said in another thread, bring back Australian Rules Football.

"Who's Now" is possibly the worst pile of shit ESPN has ever produced.

I haven't seen the "Who's Now" thing and don't even know what it's about, really. I rarely watch espn/Sporst Center anymore. I'll do Baseball Tonight if there's no game on.

Waaaay too much fluff and everybody's a comedian or trying to coin a new catch-phrase. Give me a game and a newspaper for the box scores and I'm content.

Sports Center has finally Jumped The Shark.

In my music travels, I have met members of the SC writing staff. Most are hardcore sports AND music fanatics. They used to throw out many little musical references that made even less sense than this one. I like it though cause I'm always picturing most guys scratching their head saying "Who's Jeff Tweedy. What's Wilco?"

If I ran into anyone from SC now, I would tell them how weak Who's Now is. I think they know.

Wow, I never knew that my simple support of a sportscenter segment would bring about so much hate on a wilco message board. People must loathe this shit to go this far out of their way to make sure they let me know that I'm not in the viachicago majority :chatterbox and I should not consider myself a "cool" sportscenter viewer. As if my Monday could get any worse, now my self-esteem as at an all time low because other Wilco fans dont like who's now. :lol I should be so lucky that this light has been shed upon me.

Wow, I never knew that my simple support of a sportscenter segment would bring about so much hate on a wilco message board. People must loathe this shit to go this far out of their way to make sure they let me know that I'm not in the viachicago majority :chatterbox and I should not consider myself a "cool" sportscenter viewer. As if my Monday could get any worse, now my self-esteem as at an all time low because other Wilco fans dont like who's now. :lol I should be so lucky that this light has been shed upon me.

"It's Not About You."

This just struck a nerve. I've been watching Sports Center for years. The show revolutionized TV sports reporting. It's informative, brash, and until now assumed the viewer is intelligent. Now, they are discussing who is more "hip" Derek Jeter or Tiger Woods in an NCCA tourney format with a panel of Hollywood celebrities who have something to promote. I feel embarrassed for all involved.

This is not the first time they mentioned Wilco.

Guest Jules
As if my Monday could get any worse, now my self-esteem as at an all time low because other Wilco fans dont like who's now. :lol I should be so lucky that this light has been shed upon me.

Don't mention it.

The hate in me is unbearable at times. I seethe with rage over this whole thing. And you are more animal than man to like a show I don't like/know about.

The hate in me is unbearable at times. I seethe with rage over this whole thing. And you are more animal than man to like a show I don't like/know about.

You ain't foolin' anyone. We all know you're just a big-ol' teddy bear at heart. :D