I just acquired his allbum yesterday and I must say I'm quite impressed. His guitar playing style is pretty neat and there's some good songs on there! What are everyone elses opinion on the Mercury Prize nominated The End Of History?

I said in the NP thread last week I think, that after hearing the album earlier this year I never felt like going back to it. It all got a bit samey after about the fourth track. But after seeing him live a couple of weeks ago I went back to the album and now see it in a totally different light. It's not something that I could listen to all the time, but there is some beautiful stuff on there. The Underwood Typewriter in particular is just incredible.

I said in the NP thread last week I think, that after hearing the album earlier this year I never felt like going back to it. It all got a bit samey after about the fourth track. But after seeing him live a couple of weeks ago I went back to the album and now see it in a totally different light. It's not something that I could listen to all the time, but there is some beautiful stuff on there. The Underwood Typewriter in particular is just incredible.

The Underwood Typewriter certainly stands out on the album for me too, that's a great song. I hope the album wins The Mercury Prize (as it's the only thing on the list I like), but I doubt it somehow.