I may have missed if there was a thread about this one but,

Anyone else pick this up yet? Just about thru my first listen, I dig it alot so far, with some definite stand outs that are up there with there best work. I have really grown to love Neil Finn's songwriting more and more as I get older ( not old, just older ), and goddamn his voice which has always been great IMO, just gets better, and am really looking forward to hearing him sing live for this first time.

As a long time Finn Fann (2/3 of my life!) I will say Time On Earth has been a grower for me, but his last few albums have been too. I love that it has a much different feeling than the solo album, and it's not just a sell more units by slapping a more familiar name on it move.

I like it, but I was kinda disappointed that they've gone back to the middle of the road. I absolutely love Together Alone, and was hoping for more of that really with a twist of Neil's solo records... there's some real AOR plodders tucked away on Time On Earth.

I like it, but I was kinda disappointed that they've gone back to the middle of the road. I absolutely love Together Alone, and was hoping for more of that really with a twist of Neil's solo records... there's some real AOR plodders tucked away on Time On Earth.

Yeah, I'm kinda in this camp too. I need to give it a few more listens, but I'm not really digging large chunks of the album. I think they could have easily cut three or four songs off of this and made it much better.

It's too bad, because I love his last solo outing.

Oh well. All I know is that I'm seeing them in about three weeks from great seats, and it's going to be awesome. :thumbup

• 1 month later...

... and if you want, you can watch the Chicago House of Blues show which was filmed for MSN Music ... :thumbup

http://music.msn.com/crowdedhouse

Nicely done, too.

I have to add -- at first I was a bit underwhelmed with the new CD, but I love all things Neil Finn and I found many of the tunes grew on me with more listens.

Thanks to Melissa (Clouds of Fluff) for this link :wub