aster pussycat fans???

I don't like the band, but the Russ Meyer's film Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! is pretty damn great.

i have a framed one-sheet (reproduction) for the movie poster (as well as a nifty lunch box). it's my favorite of russ' movies. i met two of the ladies (tura and haji) at a holiday inn one time, but that's another thread.

so did you give their new record an F?

i liked their "bathroom wall" song from the decline of western civ pt II soundtrack.

aster pussycat fans??

I don't think I have ever heard one of thier songs - that sort of metal/glam rock was not really my thing.

Faster Pussycat was my favorite band for a pretty long stretch when I was into metal in the 5th & 6th grade. I was always kind of proud of the fact that even as a little kid I was able to distinguish the difference between FP who are probably like a 2 or a 3, and someone like Poison who's a zero. (I did like Poison too though)

i have a framed one-sheet (reproduction) for the movie poster (as well as a nifty lunch box). it's my favorite of russ' movies. i met two of the ladies (tura and haji) at a holiday inn one time, but that's another thread.

That's quite cool, and the fact you met two of the ladies, well that's simply awesome.

I'd have to say that it's my favorite Meyer's film too. There's something about it that makes it rise above its inherent campy qualities. I was watching the DVD* of it a few months back and was actually quite impressed with the cinematography, something most people probably wouldn't notice about a Meyer's film. Of course, when you're shooting in glorious b&w and you have the desert, the cars, and the beautiful women, will I guess your job is already half done for you.

* There's some nice extras on the DVD including interviews with all the women and behind the scenes tidbits. The Meyer's commentary is quite entertaining too. Definitely worth checking out.