Wilco to play in Detroit!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all are so very lucky!!! *sniff* I miss home... :(

The Fox is a fantastic venue! Can't wait for the details!!!

:pirate Arrrrrgh :pirate

I just found out that I am a speaker at a seminar scheduled on the same night as the Detroit show.

Consider this my request for a SW Michigan (or hell, even Ft. Wayne, IN) visit from Wilco.

I'm sad to say, don't hold out for Fort Wayne (not that we have given up, mind you :shifty ).

But you'd be better off hanging your hopes on the little State Theatre in Kalamazoo which sells out every time because it's only 1500 seats.

My bet is on the orchestra pit. Are you somewhere in rows 1 - 5?

Row 04, seats 20X.

My first time through WilcoTicketing, I got an error. And even though I didn't purchase a ticket, I had to wait ten minutes. Then I tried again just to at the least get a seat for the show in full disappointment, and found OR which were abbreviations not listed on the seating chart, but most likely stood for orchestra pit. I picked them up, and hoped that it actually meant orchestra pit.

Fifth row in the pit, thanks to Wendy's pre-sale prowess. Looking forward to my first Wilco show since Kalamazoo in ... '05, I think it was? :)

I'm fifth row in the pit too, so I will see you there!!

This is going to be awesome. :yes

• 4 weeks later...

i'm getting a little worried. we are 12 days out and the main floor isn't close to being sold out. it'd be horrible if this show got moved to another venue or canceled all together.

It won't. Looks like the balconies are mostly sold. Available sets of two tickets are still much further forward than I'd expect (though on the side), but sets of four are pretty far back on the main floor.

The place has nearly 5200 seats. It's not the kind of venue a band like Wilco sells out easily.

Curious...a few weeks ago I had a dream that I was at the show and they opened with Misunderstood. When Jeff says "You still love rock and roll" I was the only one who cheered, and I looked around and there were literally 10 people in their seats.

But I'm sure it will fill up closer to the day of the show. My dream will not become reality! Only 9 days left!!!!!!! :thumbup

I ordered my tickets last Thursday and I got floor seats in the middle about half way back, row Q to be exact. I live 2 hours away in northwest Ohio so I have never been to Fox theater. I hope they are good seats. This is my first WILCO show and it better happen or I will go all Jude Law on somebody. I checked on Ticketmaster just now and the only floor seats available are on the outside edge of the side seating. So hopefully it is a good sign

I ordered my tickets last Thursday and I got floor seats in the middle about half way back, row Q to be exact. I live 2 hours away in northwest Ohio so I have never been to Fox theater. I hope they are good seats. This is my first WILCO show and it better happen or I will go all Jude Law on somebody. I checked on Ticketmaster just now and the only floor seats available are on the outside edge of the side seating. So hopefully it is a good sign

yeah, things are looking good.

your seats are pretty good. the fox is an amazing theater and i don't think there is really a BAD seat in the house.

I am one lucky Wilco fan. No St. Louis show. Couldn't make Columbia, MO. But now, by chance, I have to be in Detroit on the 17th/18th for business.

Getting close to 20 years of seeing UT/Coffee Creek/Wilco/SV/Jay solo/Jeff solo - so I didn't want to miss this. (I bought No Depression on a cassette tape - yes I'm old.)

I've only been to Detroit once before. Any advice on where (near the Fox) the Wilco-philes will be having beers and swapping stories (I have lots) before and/or after the show?

I don't post much, but I read the forums all the time. Great way to keep up with the best music and smartest fans around.

Cheers.

I am one lucky Wilco fan. No St. Louis show. Couldn't make Columbia, MO. But now, by chance, I have to be in Detroit on the 17th/18th for business.

Getting close to 20 years of seeing UT/Coffee Creek/Wilco/SV/Jay solo/Jeff solo - so I didn't want to miss this. (I bought No Depression on a cassette tape - yes I'm old.)

I've only been to Detroit once before. Any advice on where (near the Fox) the Wilco-philes will be having beers and swapping stories (I have lots) before and/or after the show?

I don't post much, but I read the forums all the time. Great way to keep up with the best music and smartest fans around.

Cheers.

For a more adult crowd, head to Cliff Bells which is about a block away. For a louder, younger crowd, not too far down Woodward is the Magic Stick. After an evening in the Fox though, Cliff Bells has a similar kind of romance. :cheers

Not sure where we'll be yet (if we go anywhere) but one of my favorite places for a pre-show dinner is the Majestic Caf