Wilco to play in Detroit!

Detroit date got added today ---> Wednesday Oct 17 at the FOX! Sweet!

Ticket info still TBA, but this news made my day. It's been a while since the band has played a downtown venue in the city. And this is so much closer to where I live.

Thank you Wilco for coming back this way. :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the Fox the largest theatre Wilco will play compared to the other venues they have been playing in North America since SBS came out? Will that correspond to lower ticket prices perhaps?

I've seen a lot of great shows at the Fox, including Neil Young doing solo acoustic 4 or 5 times.

I saw my first Dylan show there, way back in 1990. The 'Buckets of Rain' show.

Is the Fox the largest theatre Wilco will play compared to the other venues they have been playing in North America since SBS came out? Will that correspond to lower ticket prices perhaps?

Don't know how it compares to everywhere else, but according to Wikipedia The Fox is almost twice the size of Massey Hall (the last venue I saw Wilco play), with 5174 seats at the Fox compared to 2,752 at Massey. I doubt that will mean lower ticket prices though. Got to pay for those Wings somehow.

And not for nothing, but I go on vacation for the first time in years, and the week I'm out of town I'm going to miss both Roger Clyne AND the Flaming Lips??? Goddamn it! :ohwell

Damn... and I'll be there the week before.

Hmmmm.... maybe I can get my friend to move his wedding.... :ninja

sigh.... i miss the smaller venues of Detroit. damn you LA.... damn you

(assuming this will sell out)...is the fan base really big in Detroit? Or do they bank on getting an influx of Chicago (and Toronto) fans.

(assuming this will sell out)...is the fan base really big in Detroit? Or do they bank on getting an influx of Chicago (and Toronto) fans.

Every Wilco show I went to in Detroit (3x) was sold out. My fave ever was in the Royal Oak Music hall.

Didn't they sell out Meadow Brook when they were there last (and capacity there is 7,500+)?

i'm pretty sure it didn't. a local radio station was giving tickets away for that one. if it DID sell out, then it was a day or two before the show.

i can't wait for the fox theater show. that is one of the nicest venues i've ever seen a concert in. just a stunning theater. hope to get some good seats for this one.

Yesssssss.....finally!

Also,

Flaming Lips 10/1 at Clutch Cargo

Of Montreal 10/9 at the Majestic

Makes up for a lackluster summer.

Don't forget

Van Halen 10/22 @ The Palace :thumbup

After having to sell our 3rd row seats for Massey Hall, my wife and I are extremely happy for a hometown show. We thought we were going to have to make a road trip to catch a show this year (not that we mind). The Fox is a beautiful venue. I've seen Keith Richards, The Smiths, Echo & the Bunnymen, George Clinton and the P-Funk All-Stars, The Alarm, and a bunch of other forgotten bands.

Didn't they sell out Meadow Brook when they were there last (and capacity there is 7,500+)?

I don't think it sold out. I remember seeing a ton of empty seats in the pavilion. We got our tickets for free!

I've only been to the Fox once, to see Elvis Costello & The Attractions in '96, but it's a gorgeous venue. Lots of Little Caesars Pizza money went into that renovation, and it was well spent.

Damn, might have to go to this show if I can get decent tickets.

I've only been to the Fox once, to see Elvis Costello & The Attractions in '96, but it's a gorgeous venue. Lots of Little Caesars Pizza money went into that renovation, and it was well spent.

I love that theater! :wub

I haven't seen many shows there (Coldplay in the orchestra pit & Dido), but it's a glorious venue. It actually has an identical sister theater in St. Louis.

Fox Theatre

300px-Foxdetroitmarqueenightshot2.jpg

14.jpg

:pirate Arrrrrgh :pirate

I just found out that I am a speaker at a seminar scheduled on the same night as the Detroit show.

Consider this my request for a SW Michigan (or hell, even Ft. Wayne, IN) visit from Wilco.

• 2 weeks later...

After tossing back rows 'S' extreme left, and then 'T' in the middle, I got 3rd row in the pit sec 500! A bit to the right, but damn close. Much better presale experience when I got shut out for Massey Hall earlier this year. Had to put up with Ticketbastards nonsense to get tickets for that one.

Anyhoo, looking forward to this one! :stunned