Pittsburgh

Presale for Pittsburgh starts Wednesday. What's the word on the Palumbo Center? Where do I want to be? Hoping to take 2 kidfans, 11 and 9. What kind of crowd can I expect there? I'd like to avoid contact highs, drunken stage jumpers, that sort of thing.

the Palumbo Center is Duquesne University's basketball gymnasium. I've seen a lot of shows there, and it's one of the worst places to go for concerts.

That's what I was afraid of. :hmm

Why so bad?

well, the place is just a huge rectangle, so if you get stuck on one of the sides, the view stinks. and the sound is horrible. it sounds like a concert in a gymnasium (which is what it is)

it stinks that wilco is playing the Palumbo, when Pittsburgh has some great theaters, with awesome acoustics, that could hold a comparable amount of people.

according to Citysearch;

Acoustics, which were dreadful when the place opened, have been improved dramatically, to the point where Palumbo is now a pretty decent place to see a show. Performance magazine, a concert trade publication, agrees, consistently naming the A.J. Palumbo Center one of the top 10 grossing arenas of its size since its opening in 1988.

I got a ticket in sec.3, row BB so I guess we'll find out soon.