Molly's Chambers

True Love Way

Arizona

Tranny

Encore order was:

Knocked Up

Four Kicks

Slow Night, So Long

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club opened, and as usual they were superb. Shame they had to cut their setlist short since they were the opening band.

Night and day difference between the Wilco crowd and the KOL crowd. Everyone in every section was standing for the entire show, and the majority of people made it to their assigned seats before KOL took the show. People were dancing and there was a lot of crowd energy. I guess yuppy scum hasn't latched onto KOL yet. The highlights for me was hearing Milk, California Waiting, Tranny, and Knocked Up. At the end of Tranny, Caleb forcefully spiked the microphone onto the stage. They must go through a mic a night. The only complaint I have is that I wish it was louder. I guess since the venue is in a residential area they can't turn their amps to 11. Overall, a grade A rock show.

p.s. they guy sitting in front of me had 'jazz hands' for most of the night. I'd like to personally thank him for adding more entertainment to the show.

I was hoping to get to see KOL on this tour, but it didn't work out. I saw them open for U2 a few years ago, and the crowd was awful to them, which was a shame, because they were pretty good. I think they're a great band, and it's been amazing to watch how much they've evolved with each new album. I'd love to get the chance to see them when they're headlining.

so it's yuppy scum that're ruining shows now? it used to be frat boys.

maybe these frat boys have tranformed into yuppy scum.

or it's a regional thing. ie. detroit doesn't have yuppy scum, just frat boys?

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club opened, and as usual they were superb. Shame they had to cut their setlist short since they were the opening band.

I think B.R.M.C. are one of the better live bands out there right now. I've been a big fan of theirs since first record and anytime I've taken somebody to a show of their that didn't know them they have always become fans after.

I'll admit I don't own any of the KOL's records but do like every song I've ever heard from them. I saw them as openers on the last U2 tour, on the first day of the new tour, and they weren't ready for how different the sound adjustments were in playing a large indoor arena for first time so their set didn't sound good at all.

I wanted to go to this show, especially w/BRMC opening, in San Diego tonight but I have relatives in town and duty calls!

i saw BRMC a few months back in a headlining show and they were great - well over 2 hours! and Michael Been (The Call), Robert's dad, played some keys on one song... he's from here in OKC, and there were other family members in the audience, too... KOL has a bunch of family here in Oklahoma, too (2 of KOL were born in OKC), and the times i've seen them here they've been fairly nervous since all the family were around... they put on a good show, though! sounds like a cool double-bill!

I saw KOL open for Dylan here in San Diego and while an unusual pairing, the Dylan crowd was as enthusiastic for the opener as I've ever seen. So much so I'm convinced a good portion came for KOL.

Also saw KOL headline for Secret Machines and Shout Out Louds at San Diego's 4th and B. All three were insanely good. Secret Machines were least my style, but what a ballsy ballsy show they put on. Shout Out Louds are the Swedish Cure.