speak your mind

The thing about the $60K/per that I find hard to understand: where I live, that's a sufficient income. But in NY or CA (for example) that's not a lot of money. It should probably be adjusted to be more like prevailing wage.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, that's why states can apply for a waiver on a case by case basis. I'm sure that's why New York applied. There's an op-ed by a Missouri congressman that says something like "Missouri taxpayers don't need to pay for $83,000 families in New York." Which is silly. I'm sure NY pays more in to the system than it gets out. I can't say the same for Missouri.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm so glad you girls said this. I literally could not wait to get home to say the same thing. There was a press conference today with some Senators... Max Baucus, Harry Reed etc. were there. But here's where it got innaresting - Chuck Grassley & Orrin Hatch came out to say they were going to make some calls & twist some arms of their fellow Reps in the House.

Orrin-freaking-Hatch kids! One of the most notoriously conservative dudes in Congress is bucking W saying it's a huge mistake vetoing the bill. I almost shat myself! I think it's a good chance we're gonna override this thing!

Do what Donna & Kate are suggesting if your Rep voted against this bill. We have 14 days until it comes up. Teh Do It! :thumbup

Man, I couldn't be more disappointed. I really really thought Hatch and Grassley would make this thing happen. :ohwell

It's back folks (with minor alterations). Debates all day in the House. Here's a list of the yeas and nays from the last vote (10/18).

http://www3.capwiz.com/c-span/issues/votes...101&tally=1

(Click on issues, scroll to House- Childern's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act)

Scroll down the list of nays and see if your Rep voted no. If so, I'll urge you (again) to give your Congressman some static with a little letter (e or snail) and let them know that not only is their vote morally reprehensible but it WILL cost them their seat next year.

S-CHIP is set to expire on 11/16. 7 more yeas will get this thing done!

Peace, MB

• 1 month later...

House debates this evening - again! A vote of 211-180 ( 44 folks didn't vote?) to hold off until Jan. 23 on this. Third time around? :ohwell

Dana Perino's little q&a with the press today regarding SCHIP was sickening. Totally evasive and blaming the Democrats (of course). God, at least Tony Snow could be semi-charming. :rolleyes