speak your mind

isn't that the old saying??

We were called by both Governor Blagojevich's office and Senator Durbin's office and have been invited to give a statement and participate in a press conference tomorrow with the Senator and Rep. Emmanuel regarding the SCHIP program and promote health care for our nation's children! :omg

We are going to craft our statement tonight.

We got in this position because I wrote a letter to the governor a couple months back, thanking him for his support of the All Kids Health Care program and told him Emily's story. Graham said, "wow, it's nice to know someone is reading those letters you send!"

I can tell you this much - our representative (Peter Roskam) would never in a million years invite us to anything, nor has he (so much for those open town hall meetings he has touted on national radio)....I guess protesting the war outside of his office doesn't endear us to him - nor all of the angry letters. ;)

I am really excited to be invited to this - but also really nervous - wow. :omg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very cool, Reni. :thumbup Kudos to you and lots of vibeage for a great press conference. :)

Go Kate! :w00t

True story: I find my voice shakes less when I'm angry. So don't let yourself be tense, or self-conscious, or even think about the speaking part of it. Concentrate on the issue and how you want to kick its ass! :dancing

:cheekkiss

Go get em Kate. Interesting how Bush thinks $100M is too much to spent to provide basic health care for kids, but $500M isn't enough to destroy a country and try to glue the pieces back together.

Viva la revolucion!!!

Go get em Kate. Interesting how Bush thinks $100M is too much to spent to provide basic health care for kids, but $500M isn't enough to destroy a country and try to glue the pieces back together.

Viva la revolucion!!!

It is, regretabbly so, so much worse.

http://www.nationalpriorities.org/Publicat...equested-3.html

Oy vey!

Let's not take Kate's nice thread and go off on a Friday afternoon tangent. Let's keep this thread for congrat's and an update tomorrow rather than having to find her update tomorrow amongst 10 pages of repetiveness.

I'm all for posting about heathcare in another thread. (and i know i'm in agreement with mr T.hugger on this one) I Just don't know what it is, people just love to argue with you. :lol

thanks in advance.

That's awesome! Thanks for being brave enough to use your voice (shaky or not) to speak for those who can't speak for themselves.

Sorry...bad day. Sometimes the Bush stuff just gets tiring though.

that's the understatement of the decade.

Not meaning to hijack -- what Kate's doing is showing up on the front lines of a fundamental and philosophical battle. At some point our elected leaders are going to have to start listening to something besides their own wallets.

I am still shocked someone reads my letters!! :lol

Thanks for the cheers guys! I just got another call from Durbin's office and they sent me the press release......I will only have 1-2 minutes, most of which I will emphasize the importance of the program within our own family - and how it covers INSANELY expensive prescription medication for Emily, we would otherwise be unable to afford. I will likely throw in a little political emphasis for good measure at the end. :)

that's the understatement of the decade.

Not meaning to hijack -- what Kate's doing is showing up on the front lines of a fundamental and philosophical battle. At some point our elected leaders are going to have to start listening to something besides their own wallets.

Agreed.

Now everyone get over to the RTT and help finish the madlibs!