Dave Matthews Band??

there were a few--I'm thinking of Stay/Wasting Time and maybe Rapunzel--that were just awful. I went to a show on that tour and that was the end of it for me.

that's kind of funny (well, not the haha kind of funny), but those songs you mentioned have always been favourites of mine.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing I have heard from Dave was his solo disc. I'm sure that is not a popular opinion in the DMB circle however.

Anyone else find it funny that they are percieved as some Jam band, but non of them can solo their way out of a paper bag.

that's kind of funny (well, not the haha kind of funny), but those songs you mentioned have always been favourites of mine.

When that album first came out, I felt like I really wanted to like both of those songs. Maybe its too easy to pick on the "easy rockers"--"Rapunzel" is a decent jam, but the lyrics are kind of dopey. Similarly, with "Stay", I distinctly remember driving in the car with my gf at the time and during the bridge part of the song was playing and she said "Wait, did he just moan 'ohhh, just groping you' like it was supposed to be sexy? Couldn't he have picked a better word than groping? Maybe some people can make it work but coming from Dave it just sounds creepy!" And now I still think of that immediately whenever I hear that song and its never fails to distract. :P

For the record, I've always liked Crush, Stone and Pig from that album a lot.