"Hey I have a good idea...."

The video shows a vicious attack on a girl in the lockeroom while other girls watch and cheer.

"It's kind of awkward and scary and nerve-wracking all at the same time," said the girl who didn't want to be identified.

She says the day before the attack which happened in late September the alleged attacker was looking for a fight and that the two of them were encouraged to fight by other girls.

"It was all over dirty looks, which, weren't even given," she added.

"They knew the night before, by bringing the camera, what they were doing," said the girl's mother, Janice Perone.

"The most difficult thing to see was the fear in my daughter's face before she was attacked," said Perone, tearfully.

The family says the alleged attacker and the girl who recorded the assault were suspended and will also face juvenile charges on Thursday.

Perone thinks the punishment by the school district should have been more harsh.

"Those girls would have been expelled from that school in a zero-tolerance policy, period," she said.

Our attempts to reach Norwood's superintendent along with the parents of the alleged attacker were unsuccessful.

What the aggressor lacks in form and fighting style is made up for by her exuberance.

Damn, that girl was getting after it.

Coming to fisticuffs is certainly not the best way to solve disputes, but it's better than guns.

Is it really so surprising that they wanted to film this? There is not a goddam thing teenagers do that they don't want witnessed, by constantly telling someone or taking pictures of every minutea on the cell phone, to web camming on the internet. It's ubiquitous.

that makes me really sad.....
Me too.

The attacker was "threatened." Gosh, what choice did she have but to retaliate to a perceived threat by resorting to physical violence? :ermm

Hmmmm...why does this preemptive attack thing sound familiar? Hmmmmmm.

Coming to fisticuffs is certainly not the best way to solve disputes, but it's better than guns.

Is it really so surprising that they wanted to film this? There is not a goddam thing teenagers do that they don't want witnessed, by constantly telling someone or taking pictures of every minutea on the cell phone, to web camming on the internet. It's ubiquitous.

:wub

ubiq

Yup.

I was talking about this the other day with some people about just how public people's lives have become via-technology with blogs, digital images/video, facebook, etc. It's like everything needs to be documented in order to be worthwhile and it seems like some people just feel the need to "perform" in order to feel like they've accomplished something. I just think it's kind of weird. Also, I wonder how it's going to affect people down the road when employers, etc. are finding out background info on somebody and it turns up that they were "that kid" in a youtube video, or the obnoxious "taser boy" or whatever.

This reminds me of a recent local event: a few high school football players were photographed at a party where there were people holding beers in the photos, but the players were not holding anything; the party happened to be at a house of a student at a rival school; someone sent the pictures to the players' school and they were suspended for a violation of the athletic code.

Hey, they violated the rules, but it kind of sucks they can't go to a party for fear of being photographed, whether or not they are drinking.

Is it weird that the site of physical violence makes me nauseated, however I can scrub in and watch open heart surgery and be amazed?

Not weird at all. The physical violence is pointless while the surgery is the means to a (hopefully) positive end.

Damned if ya do damned if ya don't!

The girl getting attacked did ok with just holding the other chick's hair and riding this thing out. Had she gotten the better of her, I'm sure the other girls would have jumped in.

BTW, CABG ain't that bad.......try some Orthopaedic cases my friend, now that is brutal, even though it is helpful for the patient.